I DESPERATELY need MAKE UP HELP!!!

FlourPower
on 9/15/08 10:39 pm - PA
Post Date: 9/16/08 5:36 am
Post Date: 9/16/08 5:33 am
I am at a total loss.  I have horrible and I do mean horrible dark circles under my eyes.  I've always had this problem but now since I'm anemic I swear it looks even worse.  I am being treated for my anemia (prescriptions meds) but I have to find something to cover these circles.

My dark circles are an odd brown color.  Like a tea stain.  They are NOT PURPLE...THEY ARE BROWN.....YUCK!!!  I have fair skin with dark brown eyes and my hair is naturally a dark ash blonde but I color it a bit darker with a red cast.  I usually have to get an ivory base to everything that I wear. 

I'm really lookin for some help ladies.  I'm sick of people asking me if I am ill......I want to look like I actually sleep....and I want to look as good as I feel.  I feel wonderful and I look like some one has socked me a good one in each eye!!

I use an under eye cover up...but I hate how it settles into my fine lines around my eyes.  If I use powder over top of it it really looks cakey when it settles into my fine lines.

I've never had expensive cover up because I've always figured that they wouldn't help either and I just hate to think that the ladies behind the up scale counters would not be telling me the truth about their products..

So I really need help......oh, and yes I do drink plenty of water...I've tried the tea bag scam...etc, etc......LOL!!!

TIA,

Chrissy

[

CherylT
on 9/15/08 10:56 pm - Perkasie, PA
I have dark circles too. I have found that Clinique foundation works well. Go to the counter and they will match you up with the right colors for you. And they will show you how to apply it and everything. I dab it on from the inner area toward my nose, and blend outward toward my hairline.

(deactivated member)
on 9/15/08 11:05 pm
Hi Chrissy...

I also suggest like Cheryl did to go to the make-up counter Clinique or Estee Lauder have then work with you for the right color to match it up and with your concerns. They are trained to do that and also I found Clinque does not pressure you. Also make sure that you can return it if it not working for you. Also try a Sephora shop if you have one by at the mall they carry a huge line of cosmetics. I myself use Laura Geller baked cakes line of cosmetics.

Good Luck!
Melanie B.
on 9/15/08 11:06 pm - Doylestown, PA
If you can find a MAC store near you go and check out their "studio fix" foundation. It makes skin look flawless.

Liz R.
on 9/15/08 11:41 pm - Easton, PA
I'm not much with makeup but I have heard that if you use a brightener it helps. I agree with the other ladies though - try a consult with a make-up counter!

Good luck

Liz
Pam Hart
on 9/16/08 12:57 am - Easton, PA
I personally prefer Mary Kay.  They are pricey - but I like their products.  You can set up a consult with one of them (in your own home most of the time!) and they will go over what is best.

I have also been told if regular concealers aren't hiding enough without settling into the fine lines you may need to put a yellow concealer on before your foundation.

Be it at a counter or w/ a consultant - definately get some "professional" advice - that's what they are there for!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
FlourPower
on 9/16/08 10:28 am - PA
Thanks for the help ladies.  I'll be looking for professional help as the over the counter stuff just isn't cutting it anymore.  Thanks!!

Chrissy

[

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views