Supplements

lizziebug
on 9/16/08 2:30 am - Bristol, PA
Does anyone know if Ca citrate / Vitamin D & B1 have to be chewable?
If so can anyone suggest a brand name?
THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR THE HELP!
jojobear98
on 9/16/08 3:01 am - Gettysburg, PA

Now keep in mind.......I had sugery 4 years ago and many things have changed. But my doc and NUT both told me that nothing HAS to be chewable. But anything I can get chewable, get it. So I take chewable Multi Vit, sub-ling B-12, chewable calcium. All my other vitsmins are pills. Although next time I stock up, I am going to see if anything else comes in chewable. they change things so often......LOL

Maybe you could check with your Dr. office or maybe someone else on here has a recent surgery that has some better advice. This is just what I do.

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila & salt and give me a call!

lizziebug
on 9/18/08 5:47 am - Bristol, PA
Thank you for the advice! I Picked up Chewable Chocolate ones from Barix last night. I'm not good with swallowing pills yet.
rita61677
on 9/16/08 3:39 am - Philadelphia, PA
those calcium pills are HUGE!!!!!!!!!! i couldnt take them even when i cut them up they hurt like a Bi**h going down. i found a liquid form at rite aid! i was so excited - its 1000mg cal cit. and 400 mg vit d. the pharmacist was excited as well. it doent taste too bad either. the B1 is a smaller pill not too bad.
lizziebug
on 9/18/08 5:49 am - Bristol, PA
Thanks Rita! I Picked up Chewable Chocolate ones from Barix last night. I'm going to try the liquid when I run out of those How are you & your Hubby doing?
HopefulFuture
on 9/16/08 5:42 am - Boston, MA
Hi Liz,

I've learned that lots of post-ops differ on their perspective on this and so do lots of surgeons.  Since Dr. Pupkova performed both of our procedures, I can tell you that she cleared me to swallow all of my pills (except B-12 which is the sublingual) at my 6-week follow-up appointment.  I have been swallowing my pills ever since then and have not had any problems.  That being said, I also know people who are years out and still prefer to take chewables.  I would call or email Dr. Pupkova and ask her how she would like you to proceed.

Hope this helped!

Lisa :)

lizziebug
on 9/18/08 5:53 am - Bristol, PA
I talked to the Nutritionist @ barix & I Chewable Chocolate ones. I feel bad calling Dr. P, I know she doesn't mind but I still feel bad.
Thank you!
JillZ
on 9/16/08 11:33 am - Warrington, PA
I was cleared to swallow all  my pills by Dr. Pupkova except B-12 which is sub-lingual.
I use the Vitamin Shoppe Calcium Citrate plus vitamin D    (1000mg Ca and 400 IU Vit D);
Vitamin Shoppe B-1 (250mg capsules)  the tablets have a gross oder so I really like the capsules a lot better. I just use wal-mart's equate multi-vitamin.     Quite a few of my pills are huge (iron); but I've never had a problem, in fact when I was cutting them it was worse I think the jagged edges were uncomfortable, they are much better whole :)  Good luck

SuzieNewLife
on 9/17/08 10:08 am
Your supplements should be chewable to ensure maximum absorption.  Try Bariatric Fusion.  My dr. recommends them, my bloodwork has been great, and they have everything in them that you need. Ca, Vit D, B12......Good luck.

Sue
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views