I survived my first week!!!

Marlo71
on 9/16/08 1:26 am - Harrisburg, PA
Hi Everyone!  Well I did it!  1 Week gone!  I am still in alot of pain on my left side!  Its been getting better the last 2 days, but man I wasnt prepared for how much it would hurt.  Other than that pain, I feel great.  I'm getting in my liquids and am on full liquids now.  Who knew Hot chocolate and protein pudding would be so good...lol  Though I cant wait for soft foods!  I really havent been hungry and its hard to tell at this stage if I'm full.  But I am learning how the pouch feels when I drink things. And I am fighting the head hunger, I feel like I could eat everything in site!    I'm looking forward to getting rid of the pain, so I can concentrate on other things!!  But its been quite the experience!  I'm walking alot and that helps.  I have my 1 week follow up with my Dr. tomorrow so we shall see how that goes!  As of last Sunday I had lost 10 pounds but havent weighed myself since! 
Thanks everyone for your great advice and words of wisdom!  I hope everyone is having a good week!!!

-Marlo 

jojobear98
on 9/16/08 1:49 am - Gettysburg, PA

Go Marlo....Go Marlo.........Woo hoo.

Glad the pain is getting a little better! Cuase now you have a BF fresh out of sugery and he needs taken care of. LOL

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila & salt and give me a call!

Shan08
on 9/16/08 1:54 am - the Skook, PA

Aww, congrats & good job! 
I NEVER thought I'd say this, but it DOES get better.

"If you want something bad enough, you'll find it.
If you don't, you'll find excuses."
dit657
on 9/16/08 3:59 am - Boothwyn, PA
Sounds like things are moving right along for you, Marlo - I never experienced that left side pain but I hope it goes away for you soon.

Let the docs do the weighing for the first few months - I know how tempting it is to look at the scale a lot but it'll make you crazy because the first few months your body is going to do some really strange things!!

Took me months before I ever felt 'full' and I don't like it when that happens now because it usually means discomfort along with it. But if you're getting a good portion of your protein in right now and drinking fluids you'll be fine.

Glad to hear you're feeling so good!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
HopefulFuture
on 9/16/08 5:37 am - Boston, MA
Congratulations on surviving your first week Marlo!  Hope your left-sided pain gets better soon and let this be the beginning of a wonderful and exciting journey for you!!!

Lisa :)

Laureen S.
on 9/16/08 6:50 am - Maple Shade, NJ

Marlo,

Sounds like you are doing real well and lots of people have that leftsided pain and head hunger is a real bummer and I still have to ask myself if I'm really hungry or feeding something else some times.  Once you are really eating again, it's best to plan your meals every 3 to 3-1/2 hours or so, so that way you don't chance getting hungry and can pretty much tell whether you're feeding hunger or something else. . .  I am someone who felt real hunger rather early on, so that's my perspective. . .

Hugs and keep doing what you are!

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

New_Beginnings_36
on 9/16/08 7:59 am - PA
Marlo - glad to hear that you are doing well :)

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
keri2008
on 9/16/08 10:18 am - PA
Congrats!  Sorry to hear about the pain but each day it will get better and it's awesome that you are walking that will totally help.  I personally can't make any promises about the head hunger getting better  but I can say most days are better.  Hang in there!

Keri
Pam Hart
on 9/16/08 10:22 am - Easton, PA
The pain gets better - mine was there for a few weeks, went away, and then came back (little devil!!)

You sound like you are doing fantastic - keep up the great work and welcome to one hell of a journey!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views