OT: Prayers or Good Thoughts Needed Badly!!!

evrblue
on 9/15/08 6:35 pm, edited 9/15/08 6:36 pm - McConnellsburg, PA
I know I am a newbie here, but please everyone *****ads this, please pray or send good thoughts to my husband Jack. He fell from the roof while cleaning out gutters and now has a severe head injury and several severe back injuries and is in the Trauma ICU at Altoona hospital, which is 3 and 1/2 hours from me. He was almost paralyzed. He is in braces from the neck down and has a 5 inch long, two inch deep laceration in his head from cutting it on the gutter downspout when he fell. He fell on brick steps and concrete. He won't be able to work again until after the new year and maybe not then, he may be disabled. We don't know yet. So please every body, I really believe in the power of prayers and positive thoughts.
Everyone on the PA board has been so nice to me, I appreciate every one of you in advance.
Sincerely,
Jen M.

Jan K.
on 9/15/08 8:34 pm - Was Jenkintown, PA but now NYC, PA
Jen,

Count on prayers.  How old is Jack and do you have kids?  Sounds weird I know but I post prayer requests at my Motherhouse and the sisters there like to know a bit about who they are praying for.  I will have a note placed that says:  Please pray for a (young) man named Jack who fell from a roof and is being treated for back injuries and head trauma.  He has . . . children and a loving wife, Jen all who need our prayers and support.

Jan
         You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
                                                                                 --Mahatma Ghandi 
                                 Celebrate Life, L'Chaim, Peace, Shalom

evrblue
on 9/16/08 2:04 am - McConnellsburg, PA
Jan,
Thank you so much for your prayers! Jack is 54 yrs old. I am 35. We don't have any children, but we have a lot of bills and money troubles. He's a welder by trade and he will be out of wor****il after the new year or he may not be able to work and will have to take disability. We don't know yet, it depends on how his rehab goes over the next few months. Thank you again for your prayers!

jen m.

Mary Benford
on 9/15/08 8:40 pm - Emmaus, PA
Jen,

I'll be keeping you and your family in my prayers.   Stay strong through this tough time.

Success is a journey... not a destination!     

evrblue
on 9/16/08 2:06 am - McConnellsburg, PA
Mary,
Thank you so much for your prayers!

jen m.
Patricia R.
on 9/15/08 9:00 pm - Perry, MI
Jen,
I will be praying, and will also post your request on the Christianity message board as well.  We have some prayer warriors over there who will pray for your husband and your family.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

evrblue
on 9/16/08 2:08 am - McConnellsburg, PA
Trish,

Thank you for your prayers and for posting a prayer request for Jack.
I really believe in prayer circles!

jen m.
Liz R.
on 9/15/08 9:24 pm - Easton, PA
Hugs and prayers going out to Jack and you and your family!! I sure hope that he has a speedy and full recovery!

Liz
evrblue
on 9/16/08 2:12 am - McConnellsburg, PA
Liz,

Thank you for your hugs and prayers and good thoughts for Jack's recovery.

jen m.
Nicole0216
on 9/15/08 9:39 pm - Lancaster, PA
jen I am so sorry. Stay positive. Prayers coming your way. I wish I lived closer so I could come and check on you. Please keep us posted.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views