Was I really asking that much??

Pam Hart
on 9/15/08 3:14 am - Easton, PA
OK so I've been out running errands...and decided to get a dunkin donuts treat for myself...same thing as always....medium iced DECAF COCONUT coffee, splenda, and milk.

Went to the one by my house....went inside....got my coffee and left.  Didn't think to taste it in the store.  Oh - look - they gave me hazlenut not coconut (I despise hazlenut coffee)  Of course, I was already down the highway - so decided to stop at the next one.

Went to the next one....the parking lot was mobbed so I used the drive thru (which I generally do not do anymore cause I can walk damn it!)  Again...drove off....tasted it....and it was a little "grainy" so I shake it up and it's STILL grainy - oh look they used sugar not splenda.

Went BACK to that one - got ANOTHER one - cause now I'm just pissed at the whole thing....tastes pretty good - WATCHED them put splenda in it (went in this time)

Drank it...and now my heart is beating approximately 1000x/min. and my hands are shaking like a leaf. Guess it wasn't decaf (I can't tell the difference in taste....)

So now as I sit here shaking and trembling and realizing I'm probably NOT getting my nap in cause I'll be hopped up on caffeine that I don't drink anymore....and wondering....if I was held to the same standards as the morons at Dunkin Donuts do you know how many patients would be dead?  Ooops, you asked for insulin and I gave you potassium...you are a diabetic and I gave you sugar....you have heart problems and I gave you a little adrenaline instead of something to bring your heart rate down....

Thanks for listening to me rant.  I have decaf coffee here at the house....and davinci coconut syrup....so I think I will save the money and frustration and just start making my own.

Grrr.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
jojobear98
on 9/15/08 3:25 am - Gettysburg, PA
LOL, it's so frustrating when you get a messed up order once, but to have it done 3 times at two different locations in a small time frame........That's just bad luck.

And some cosmic hint to not bother with Dunkin' Donuts again!

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila & salt and give me a call!

(deactivated member)
on 9/15/08 3:33 am - Eastern, PA
Apologies to any Dunkin employee that may be reading is, but as much as I love their coffee, I've found that unless you watch them like a freakin' hawk, they'll make it wrong every time.

I stopped one Friday to get a coffee to drop off for Mary at work. I ordered extra large flavored iced coffee, extra skim and Splenda.

I watched the guy (Sam, aka I AM SAM) make me a hot coffee with whole milk and sugar. And after hendidn't hear me yelling across the counter 3 times, "That's not what I ordered," when he brought it over to me, I just looked at him and said "Try again." Then the manager came over, sent him to the back to make donuts, and made my coffee.

God help the people who got the donuts he made. They were probably filled with hand soap and nail clippings.
dit657
on 9/15/08 3:36 am - Boothwyn, PA
Oh man, that sucks!! Especially when you're looking forward to a nice treat and end up with crap! I hope your heart settles down and you can eventually nap a little before going into work tonight.

I got an iced grande decaf skinny vanilla latte (yes, I had to keep looking at my card before I finally had it memorized) yesterday at the Starbucks in the grocery store. The guy waiting on me said 'so, you want sugar free syrup in that?' - I said unless you want to hear "Clean up on Aisle 4' in about an hour, YES I want sugar free syrup in that!! What didn't they get about the 'skinny' part? But I do live in fear that someday one of those coffee jockeys is going to screw up my order and give me regular syrup  - - the caffeine wouldn't bother me as much as that!

Well honey, try to calm down that racing heart - or at least put it to good use and go clean out a closet!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
tammypa
on 9/15/08 3:42 am - Philadelphia, PA
Pam,
I feel your pain. I love the coffee (I am a decaf latte lite), but you have to go inside and watch
them make it. They have a decaf latte lite listed as splenda and skim milk - but they still ask me
how many sugars I want.  I also say decaf repeatedly - I am sure they think I am mentally challenged, but I am afraid of the caffeine. They slipped it to me once and I was in Walmart shaking like a leaf afterwards. I did not know what is was at first and thought I had going to have to go to the ER. 
To answer your question - is it too much to ask to have your order done right the first time - 
apparently it is for them.
Tammy 
Liz R.
on 9/15/08 3:54 am - Easton, PA
I HATE When this happens! I call and complain! They risked YOUR health because of their stupidity!

Sorry to hear about the bad experience :(

Liz
HopefulFuture
on 9/15/08 4:49 am - Boston, MA
Oh Pam, the part of your post where you compared it to what if you were held to the same standards, really had me laughing...you are SO right!  I'm really sorry about all the mishaps today -- sure hope your shaking and trembling has subsided!

Lisa :)

Pam Hart
on 9/15/08 5:25 am - Easton, PA
It's starting to - on the brighter side - a bunch of dishes got done along with some straightening up - used kathy's advice and put it to good use.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Nicole0216
on 9/15/08 7:24 am - Lancaster, PA
You are cracking me up. I am like that at starbucks. Even the one I go to daily I still have to watch them because as soon as I dont i end up with soy milk or chai syrup. Guess it is the burden of being specific and having preferences. If i was like that in my field people would fire me on the spot.
NANCYL
on 9/15/08 7:28 am - PHILA, PA

Pam,

That is so CRAZY. My daughter and I had off today we had doctor's appt and errands she asked if we could get a iced coffee( havent had one since my pregnancy news) She is 10 yr old and loves them so we go thru the drive thru speak VERY SLOWLY AND STRESS NO SUGAR...
Had my daughter taste mine I get a sm toasted almond decaf no sugar she gets sm coconut decaf no sugar she taste both for me and says"Mom dont drink it it has sugar in it. I park my car and went in  there like a crazy person and told them I said NO SUGAR!!!!!!!!

I always happens but we all still keep going back for more!!'

Hope you rest of the day gets better.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views