50 pounds gone FOREVER!!!!

tracyb330
on 9/15/08 2:07 am - Temple, PA

I finally did it. I had a stall that lasted almost 2 weeks. I hopped on the scale this morning and it finally moved, thank God. I will be 8 weeks out on Wednesday and lost 50 pounds. I am so happy. I thought I had broke my took since the scale was being so mean to me. I HATE stalls. They are the worst. I hope I don't have to deal with that again anytime soon.

Have a great day!
Tracy

5'9 and a size 6...I love my tool.
Pam Hart
on 9/15/08 2:27 am - Easton, PA
6 weeks = the perfect time for a stall!!  Many find this about that time.  Some stall often - some not so often.  You haven't, nor will you, break your tool if you are following the rules.

And my personal mantra - take measurements if you haven't and then once a month.  They can be a life saver when you haven't lost any weight - as you lose inches (from fat) you might not lose weight as muscle taking up the same amount of area space weighs more than the fat.

Great job on the 50 pounds by the way!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
tracyb330
on 9/15/08 4:44 am - Temple, PA
Hi Pam,
I really wished I took my measurements when I started this but didn't. My hubby is going to take my 2 month pics on Wednesday so maybe I'll start doing them then.

Thanks.
Melanie B.
on 9/15/08 2:30 am - Doylestown, PA
woo hoo! I want PICTURES!!!!!

That is so wonderful Tracy, I am very proud of you! I had a freaking stall at 2 weeks that lasted 10 days - REALLY pissed me off. I'm finally losing again and HOPE that I will skip the dreaded 6 week stall.

tracyb330
on 9/15/08 4:45 am - Temple, PA
Hi Melanie-
I am going to do my pics on Wednesday then try to figure out how to download them to OH. My teenager is in basic trainning with the Army and she is the picture pro...thanks to her Myspace page.

I hope things are going well with you!
dit657
on 9/15/08 3:26 am - Boothwyn, PA
Congrats on losing the first 50 - that's wonderful! But at only 2 months out why would you worry about stalls? Sounds like you're weighing yourself a lot? My first 4-5 months I let Barix do all the weighing - now I weigh myself once a week, and I have to pull that scale out of the close to do it. There are way too many things your body is going thru right now to weigh yourself constantly and expect good results constantly. Yeah, I know - I had the surgery to lose weight too, and it will come off, but don't make yourself crazy over things you can't control.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
HopefulFuture
on 9/15/08 4:37 am - Boston, MA
*Message Hijack*

Hi Kathy!

Long time no speak!!  I love your very practical outlook on this...such a healthy perspective!  I'm really proud of you and I hope you are doing well.

Miss you,
Lisa :)

dit657
on 9/15/08 4:55 am - Boothwyn, PA
Hey there yourself!! Where have you been hiding? I haven't seen you out on these boards forever! I know you went through a really rough patch there for a while - I hope things are looking up for you now.

Love your new avitar! That's the sunny, smiling Lisa I know!

Thank you for the lovely compliments, too - yes, I'm doing very well - I feel wonderful - asthma doctor has taken me off all those meds - I'm exercising 5-6 times a week and am officially down 140 lbs. Its strange and amazing and sometimes I have to look twice in the mirror or a picture to realize that really is me. I have a way to go yet, but I think I'm up for the challenge!!

Please don't be a stranger out here - I really do miss seeing your smiling face on these posts!

Take care of you, too...fondly, Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
HopefulFuture
on 9/15/08 5:12 am - Boston, MA
Yes, this summer has been pretty rough and I've had a fair share of miserable days.  The past few days though, I've been feeling a whole lot better and I hope to slowly get back to posting more regularly.  I've missed you and everyone else terribly!

Thank you so much for the compliment on my avatar!  Here's to a continued 'hopeful future' ;)

I'm so glad you are doing as well as you are doing.  Feeling wonderful, being taken off all your asthma meds, exercising 5-6 times a week and down 140 pounds...all really incredible, Kathy and I am so very happy for you!!!

Talk to you soon,
Lisa :)

tracyb330
on 9/15/08 4:48 am - Temple, PA
Hi Kathy,
I know I am very bad. I weigh myself more than once a week...but not every day. I have to ask my DH to hide the scale. I think that's what I'll do and only let me have it every other week. He's not a good hider so I'm sure I can find it if I wanted to....lol. I have to show some self control.

thanks!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views