Back to work!!

tanya72100
on 9/15/08 2:17 am - Schuylkill Haven, PA
Well im back to work. Friday was 2 weeks post op. Im down 28lbs since surgery. Feels good. But im tired. I should have took another week. lol. Soo.. Now its just getting back to normal.. Whatever that is!!!

Pam Hart
on 9/15/08 2:25 am - Easton, PA
"normal" good luck figuring that one out!!

If you have a "desk" job make sure you get up and walk a little throughout the day.  You will find yourself being tired - make sure you don't try to do to much on top of going back to work.  A nap after work might be in order - or just really early bed times!!  You'll need your rest to heal, too.

Good luck!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
tanya72100
on 9/15/08 3:45 am - Schuylkill Haven, PA
Thanks. I am feeling pretty tired. Im thinking about heading home in a few to take a nap. Then i have a soccer game tonight for my oldest. Blah.. I am regretting coming back after only 2 weeks. lol.

Shan08
on 9/15/08 3:03 am - the Skook, PA

Good to hear you're progressing well.
Take it easy & keep up the good work :)

"If you want something bad enough, you'll find it.
If you don't, you'll find excuses."
dit657
on 9/15/08 3:31 am - Boothwyn, PA
Hi Tanya - this is your 'fallen angel' checking in - I was thinking about you this morning because I hadn't seen you post for a while - thought maybe you had already returned to work and just didn't have time right now.

How are you feeling? 28 lbs down is wonderful!! Take it easy at work - walk in short increments but often and make sure you keep tha****er bottle handy. Rest at night as much as possible - I know you have kids and that will be tough, but your body has been through a lot and needs rest to heal.

Take care - glad you're feeling better!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
tanya72100
on 9/15/08 3:48 am - Schuylkill Haven, PA
Thanks, I feel like i need a nap.. or a nice long bath.. or something. lol Hopefully it gets better.

Liz R.
on 9/15/08 5:08 am - Easton, PA
Tanya - just don't pu**** with "out of work" activities! I had my surgery on tuesday and was back at work 1/2 time monday - Now while I don't reccomend this it is possible and I don't feel like I have any "damage" because of it - but geez did I crash when I got home those next 2 weeks! I wish that I could have taken off the first 3 weeks while I was on liquids because I had no energy but well I don't work, I don't get paid!

Take it slow!

Liz
Nicole0216
on 9/15/08 7:27 am - Lancaster, PA

Good luck and make sure to baby yourself. I took 3 weeks because I know I am a big baby. :)

Congrats on your 28 lbs it is great isnt it?

keri2008
on 9/15/08 7:35 am - PA
Congrats on the loss!  That's awesome!  And definitely do what Kathy said about the walking.  I feel so much better at work if I take mini-breaks to walk around the halls a bit and then a 15-20 min. walk outside at lunch.  It's amazing how much better I feel.  But also rest if you're tired!  I still get tired sometimes but I know it will pass.  You're well on your way!

Keri
keri2008
on 9/15/08 7:36 am - PA
Congrats on the loss!  That's awesome!  And definitely do what Kathy said about the walking.  I feel so much better at work if I take mini-breaks to walk around the halls a bit and then a 15-20 min. walk outside at lunch.  It's amazing how much better I feel.  But also rest if you're tired!  I still get tired sometimes but I know it will pass.  You're well on your way!

Keri
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views