Quick Update on Me

Mike M.
on 9/14/08 11:45 pm - Langhorne, PA

Hi gang... just want to check in and let y'all know that I'm doing well.  I'm still tired, sore and the combination of the anesthesia and pain killers are once again causing me to have a very short attention span.  On the positive side, the pain and soreness are getting better by the day, I'm not walking with an exaggerated "hunch" the way I was told that I would be and the hernia repair that Dr. Marymor did, while EXTREMELY tight, seems to be "taking" without a problem.

To answer one big question that I've gotten from several different people... unfortunately, NO, I have not yet gotten to experience the weight loss aspect of the surgery.  I got on the scale this morning and weighed exactly one pound less than I weighed the morning of surgery.  Keep in mind, though, that I still have 4 drains hooked into me, I'm swollen and heavily wrapped and still not totally "regular" in the bathroom department.  Dr. Skalicky said that he removed about 10 lbs. but, with limited exercise over the next few weeks, we'll see how much of that stays off when the appetite comes back.  :-)  Don't worry, though, I am getting my fluids and protein... I just feel like a fresh WLS post-op again when it comes to hunger and portion size.  I almost wonder if Dr. Marymor didn't do a "touch up" on my pouch while he was in there fixing the hernia.  LMAO!

Before I go, let me give special thanks to Shauna and "Schnibs" who have been checking in with me via e-mail frequently, Dennis, Marla and so many others that have kept my spirits high with their positive messages, Greg for taking time out of his day to stop and see me at Barix on Thursday and everyone who has replied to messages about me on this board over the past week.  It certainly makes recovery a lot easier knowing that there are so many great people in your corner.

Thanks again everyone... see you soon!

Mike

dit657
on 9/15/08 12:03 am - Boothwyn, PA
Congrations on coming thru the surgery so well, Mike - Dennis has been great about keeping us posted on your progress. I wish you a speedy recovery and the loss of at least 10 lbs!! 

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Patricia R.
on 9/15/08 12:17 am - Perry, MI
Hi Mike,
Congratulations on you surgery and keep up the great work.  Dr. Marymor did my hernia in December, and I still have the tight feeling.  Somedays more than others.  He told me that is normal at my two year check up in August.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

keri2008
on 9/15/08 12:18 am - PA
Great news!  Glad to hear you are "mending" so well! 

Keri
Pam Hart
on 9/15/08 12:21 am - Easton, PA
Now now now....let's not blame the anesthesia and pain meds for the short attention span, you are after all, a man.  Just kidding of course!

I do hope you continue to heal very well - and know we are all thinking of you daily!!  Congrats on the this next phase of your life!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
tammypa
on 9/15/08 1:07 am - Philadelphia, PA
Mike,
It was so good to read your post. Glad to hear all is going well.
Tammy
Dennis Belk
on 9/15/08 1:46 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hey Mike,
It sounds like you're doing splendid. I can tell you from seeing our friends Cheryl & Shauna go through this, you are on track. Give it some time, (like what else you've got to do), and the fluid will leave, the swelling will subside and the weight will come down. You'll see some gorgeousness soon with the real deal to be revealed in the coming months. I trust you too will be "thrilled" as Cheryl and Shauna are. They are really happy!

Later bud,

Dennis
KimZ
on 9/15/08 2:54 am - PA

Mike -

It was good to read your post today and to hear that you are healing well.  Please continue to keep us updated.  I have started to do my research on these proceedures - so I am very interested in hearing about your experience.

Keep on healing.

Kim Z

(deactivated member)
on 9/15/08 3:27 am - Eastern, PA
Keep fighting the good fight Mike!

Did you save the extra skin for craft making? If you're taking requests, I'd like to sign up for an authentic Mikeflesh wallet and perhaps a matching business card holder.
HopefulFuture
on 9/15/08 4:28 am - Boston, MA
Hahahahaha!!! 

Lisa :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views