Foamie Weekend...

dit657
on 9/13/08 11:58 pm - Boothwyn, PA

Man, what a crappy weekend. Friday night foamies and it was the worst case of them I have ever had - I have never had that amount of pain or 'foam' and its never taken me that long to get rid of them, but they started right after dinner and lasted til about 3:00 AM. Oh man, I thought they'd never pass.

Woke up Saturday feeling better only to have my mom sicker than a dog - she had been up all night pooping and puking - poor thing - I felt so bad for her. Did her laundry and cleaned up her bathroom. She slept all day - she did get up this morning feeling better but is still in bed. Finally got her to drink some Pedialite - she gets extremely weak quickly when she doesn't eat.

Last night the foamie**** again - I think Miss Prissy Pouch was still upset after Friday night and it didn't take much to get her tuned up again last night - so today she only gets protein shakes and fluids. I can't take another night of foamies.

At 6+ months out I didn't think they could be that bad anymore - man, was I wrong!! But I'm feeling better today.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
J. M.
on 9/14/08 1:17 am
Awh man, Kathy. Sorry to hear your having a tough time.

I, too, have been foam-er-ific this weekend. Must be that time of year.

Hang in there

~ Jen   

Pam Hart
on 9/14/08 1:55 am - Easton, PA
What a rough weekend Kathy!  Sorry to hear about all your problems (and mom, too)  I hope both of you feel better soon!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
ladychief231
on 9/14/08 2:55 am - Douglassville, PA
awe Kathy, I feel your pain. Sorry you were suffering over the weekend. Hope your mom feels better too.

Teresa

Teresa O

RNY 4/1/2008

PA

deebatt
on 9/14/08 3:20 am - Imperial (Pittsburgh), PA
sorry to hear about he bad weekend

now what are foamies?  i havent heard of that one yet
~ Denise 

dit657
on 9/14/08 3:28 am - Boothwyn, PA
Ah Foamies - well, when you eat too fast or something that doesn't digest and gets 'stuck' the foamie**** You'll feel pain in your stomach (and possibly chest) - belch a lot, and feel like throwing up but all that comes up is this nasty slimy saliva stuff. The first time it happened to me I had no idea what it was, but posted here and had plenty of feedback. Normally for me they don't last very long but Friday night was the exception. And after 3 months they're very rare, but during the first 3 months post-op when your pouch is adjusting to its new life you can get them often.

Don't worry - they're not life-threatening, but they do seem to be a part of life for most of us WLS patients.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Pam Hart
on 9/14/08 3:29 am - Easton, PA
Foamies suck!!  Plain and simple.  Some get them from eating to fast.  Some get them when food gets stuck.  Some get them (like me) when the pouch decides "she" just doesn't like the meal that day (I have hit or miss days all the time.  Sometimes eggs are fine, sometimes they are not.  Sometimes chicken is fine, sometimes not.  There doesn't seem to be rhyme or reason to it in my case)

At any point - it's when you get a little nauscious feeling (at least that's how it starts for me)  My eyes water, my nose runs, and I begin to dry heave....and then end up bringing up lots of clear thick sputum.  It's not vomit....it's not snot....but it's kind of like snot.  I've had this multiple multiple times (see my "prissy pouch" description above, LOL)  My mouth gets full of the clear sputum stuff...and it's "foamy" in texture....hence the name.

Also why I was sooooo happy to have vomited last week - cause anything is better than that!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
(deactivated member)
on 9/14/08 8:23 am
Not to be gross (ok...I am trying to be gross LOL), but I like to think of the foamies as having a snotty nosed toddler stuck in my throat.  The foamies are mucus....the top of the pouch makes mucus and when you clog up the opening into the pouch, the mucus has no place to go other than back up and out.    I am two years out and still get the foamies.  I am also a big bone head and can't seem to remember not to shove food down my throat at times.  I think I need to hang a big sign up that says "take small bites, slow down and chew chew chew dumbass!!"

HG <-----Needs to be put in the remedial eatting class 
Nicole0216
on 9/14/08 8:32 am - Lancaster, PA
ooh that sucks. Take it easy give it a rest and try again.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views