dropping in to say hello

IdaMae D.
on 9/13/08 3:25 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hello All:
Have not been on here in awhile. There are so many new faces, congratulations to all on your new journey, it is a wonderful journey.

It has been 2yrs 8months 1week since the surgery that has changed my life. I am still medication free. I have settled in between 190 & 195. I am in the process of my second appeal with my insurance company to have my tummy tuck.

I am 1 year into my doctoral program in Marriage & Family therapy. I have successfully taken and passed my LCSW test and am working on my clinical hours. I am in the process of working on clinical hours for my MFT licensure.

I am preparing for retirement from my present employment (I have my years in) and pursuing my second career that will carry me into my final retirement.

Ida is still continuing her education. She is also working on a buiness plan, keep her in your prayers that it is successful.

The downside is Ida & I have not been out on the Harley for any road trips in over a year

Ida is also getting ready to pursue WLS for herself. She has an informational session at Temple on Sept. 30th. Keep her in your prayers She is having a terrible time controling her diabetes. This is the first time in 12 years that it has been so out of control for her. She has also gained so much weight even though she eats healthy, walks 3 miles a day, and counts all her calories, and works with a nutrutionist. She has the nutritionist stumped. It's like a switch turned off on her weight control and she is on a spiral just gaining and gaining. Please keep her in your prayers that her physicians will get her back into her tight control that she has had for so many years.

God Bless

IdaMae

(deactivated member)
on 9/13/08 7:07 am
Hi Gene and Ida!!! Long time, no see!  Sounds like you are both doing great.  Try not to be strangers.  We always love hearing from you both.

Heather G
IdaMae D.
on 9/14/08 1:03 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Heather,
How are you? Yes, it's been a long time we are going to try to be more active especially with Ida possibly starting her journey. Now it's my turn to support her

IdaMae

Patricia R.
on 9/13/08 9:54 am - Perry, MI
Good to see you guys.  Glad to hear all the good stuff about your education and licensure stuff.  I well remember taking the LCSW exam, and have yet to get my clinical hours.  Good luck with all of that.

Will pray for Ida as she prepares for her WLS. 

Keep up the good work.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

IdaMae D.
on 9/14/08 1:05 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Trish,
How are you doing, your granddaughter is beautiful

Thanks for the prayers.

Those clinical hours are the kicker aren't they?

Ida has been the reason for my success with my WLS. I just hope and pray I can do the same for her.

Gene

IdaMae

Pam Hart
on 9/13/08 10:38 am - Easton, PA
Although I have been a pretty active part of this board for the past year and half....I don't remember you.  However - loved reading your update!!  Don't be a stranger anymore - we love talking!!

Wish Ida the best - diabetes and what not can be a horrible road to go down especially when the body isn't cooperating and she is being so dilligent.

The weight gain - has anybody looked into Cushings Disease and/or thyroid disease?  Just an idea....although from the sounds of it, you guys are on top of everything and have probably explored every avenue.

Thanks for the update!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
IdaMae D.
on 9/14/08 1:15 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Pam,
Nice to meet you

We were very acitve on here for about a year and half after my surgery. Ida still reads the boards and keeps me up to date on everyone's progress although there are so many new faces and so few from the time of my surgery.

Yes, as for the Cushings Disease and Thyroid she's a been a pincushion and disapointed each time the test come back negative. She seemed to think it had something to do with the way she's been eating and maybe missing something. She has taken a few nutritional classes to be able to figure out how to feed me, I have a wonderful supportive wife God has truely blessed me. She decided she needed to start seeing a nutritionist to see if she was missing something. They've done a metabolic test and came up with a healthy eating plan for her. She started loosing for about 6 weeks went from 180 to 170. Since then she's begun to gain again. Nutritionist is stumped. So Ida being the pro-active woman she is, has begun to get all her information together for WLS. She has her informational session at Jeanes Temple on the 30th. She has all her amnuition put together for our PCP who I know will be on board but she's thorough. Her sugar is also out of control (for her). She's had diabetes for 12 years, has never had a sugar over 110 since her diagnosis and medication has started. The end of winter everything started going crazy for her. Doc saw her a couple months ago and told her when she comes back if the sugar is still out of wack he's going to put her on another medication. She's a fighter, her thoughts are there is enough documentation out there proving that WLS puts diabetes into remission. She is not going to take this lying down and wants the diabetes to stop attacking her body. So she's made up her mind to have WLS now to get all the doc's on board. She is a lightweight but has a BMI over 35 with co-morbities. Has lots of proof of her weight loss attempts as well as all these months with the nuritionist documented.
Sorry for being long winded, it's a bad habit of mine

Nice to meet you.

IdaMae

ShaunainHarleysville
on 9/14/08 12:50 am - Harleysville, PA
great to c u again! I am so proud of everything you've done and excited for Ida's restoration of health. I had my plastics about 8 days ago and am recovering very well. Stay in touch-you have my personal email. God bless u both. Shauna
IdaMae D.
on 9/14/08 1:19 am - Philadelphia, PA
great to see you. and so glad to hear that you've had your plastics and recovery is good.
I'll let Ida know that you had your plastics, we had to take some more pictures of my rash for my 2nd appeal and she mentioned that the last time you guys spoke you were seeing a new PS. She will be happy to hear that your plastics went well.
Take care. I'm sure you'll be seeing more of Ida on here as she begins this journery, although she is a it of a pro at it with all the research she put into my surgery and recovery

I am so blessed to have such a beautiful loving supportive wife, if only i can be half as supportive to her as she has been to me

Take care, rest up to keep your healing on track.

IdaMae

jackie j
on 9/15/08 4:54 am - Glenmoore, PA
Hey You Guys!  Glad to see you posting again.  Also glad to hear you are both doing well.   I hope Ida gets her diabetes figured out.   I went through the same with mine previous to surgery; seemed each med they tried on me just screwed me up further no matter how well I counted my calories.   I was very insuling resistent.  Liver just was operating up to snuff and the weight was packing on.  Tell her I say "hello" and hope to be seeing more of both of you on the board from here on out! 

Jackie J.    hugs.gif image by LISAH900   ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange  

1 choice @ a time > 1 day @ a time.   Slow to Succeed is still Success ;-)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views