WORDS

KimZ
on 9/13/08 4:14 am - PA

This journey has expanded meanings and added so many new words (good and not so good) to our every day vocabularies.  Words like:

Walk * Sip * Insurance Approvals * BMI * Food Log * Pouch * Goal * Malabsorbtion * Sugars * Fats * Protein * Dumping * Foamies * WOW * Shopping * Friendships * Pilgrimage * Run * Weight Train * Sweat * Tears *  Splenda * Greek Yogurt * Sugar Free Anything * 'Nut' * 5k / 10k * Core Training * Hernia * Strictures * No Open NG * Pre-Op * Post-Op * OH * Fiber * Fluids * Exercise Groove * GAS * Vitamins * Stall * Surgiversary * Pouch Test * Hair Loss * Transformation * Clothing Exchange * Support Groups * 30 Minute Rule * Successing.......

There is only one word for me today and that word is:

ONEDERLAND!!

Andy Kovatch
on 9/13/08 4:41 am - York, PA
CONGRATULATIONS!!!  Kim, I could not be an happier for you, I know how hard you worked towards this.  You went into this journey extremely educated and ready and have shown what hard work and dedication can do.  I am truly very proud of you and I hope you enjoy this special day.  Maybe you should take some time and reward yourself - maybe a shopping spree or you could always get a hold of Pam.  I hear she knows of a good tattoo artist.

"No matter how hard life may get, no matter how many curveballs you are thrown, keep in mind, if you want to succeed - QUITTING IS NOT AN OPTION"!!!

Pam Hart
on 9/14/08 1:57 am - Easton, PA

As a matter of fact I do!!
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
KimZ
on 9/13/08 7:02 am, edited 9/13/08 7:04 am - PA

Thanks Andy.  But no Tattoos for me.  My body Modifications will be at the hands of a highly skilled Plastic Surgeon next year sometime.  Although there are days when I feel like I am behind where I should be compared to the other 'heavy weights' - I know I am feeling stronger and healthier than ever.    YOUR support and encouragement has been invaluable to me and I am grateful for all that you do.

Kim Z

(deactivated member)
on 9/13/08 7:02 am

Great job Kim!!!   What a great feeling! 

hg

KimZ
on 9/13/08 7:07 am, edited 9/13/08 7:08 am - PA
Thanks Heather - and happy happy to you as well.  I have been a traveling maniac these past couple of months and have not been on the boards much.  I really enjoyed your 2nd year Surgiversary post this week.  And yes - oh what a sweet feeling it is to weight less than the dogs (mine are Great Danes - great dogs but not as pretty as your newfies).

Kim Z

jdruski
on 9/13/08 7:27 am - Philadelphia, PA
Kim,

This is wonderful news...Congratulations.  Heavyweights do not always lose fast.  Remember the old saying, slow and steady wins the race, but in our case the journey.

Jeanne
KimZ
on 9/13/08 7:59 am - PA
Jeanne,

Thanks and I know you are right.  The weirdest part of my journey is that my total inches lost are always pretty close to my total pounds lost.  This has been true every single month.  This month it was 146 pounds and 145.25 inches.  I cant help but wonder - what will happen as I get closer to goal - I have a bit more pounds to loose than inches.  Did you experience anything like this?

Kim Z

Patricia R.
on 9/13/08 9:29 am - Perry, MI
Congratulations.  I know how great that feels.  Keep up the great work. 

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Shan08
on 9/13/08 10:22 am - the Skook, PA

Wow, that's awesome!  Congratulations :) :)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views