SUSHI - went down fine!!

GD_007
on 9/12/08 3:16 pm - Drexel Hill, PA
THANK GOD is all I gotta say. 

We went to the *only* sushi place I trust, in King of Prussia, on Thursday night.  I was a little worried ... but everythihg went down and tasted great!  I've never chewed my sushi so much in my life!  This, I've found, has also changed my decision on what su****o eat - some sushi you just gotta "suck back" (like a fleets phospo soda) while others have a more plesant "mouth feel".

As a side note - I also had an egg (scrambled egg = 1 egg + 0.25 cups skim milk) today and that went well.  In a previous post of mine I explained I had some mild chest pain when I had an egg a while ago.  I now believe that chest pain was because I ate it too fast.  This egg I chewed slowly and made sure it was the "right" consistency.  No issues what so ever.  I'll try again in another day or so - just to be sure.

-GD
"THE SUSHI KING" 
Mary Benford
on 9/12/08 6:15 pm - Emmaus, PA
Sushi is amazing!    I never really enjoyed it pre-op, but post op tried it, and fell in love.    Quite literally as a matter of fact LOL.   It's great protein, and the rice, if you eat the rolls, isn't "puffy" rice.  And shashimi just goes down nicely.     In the beginning I could only eat maybe 2-3 pieces, but now I can eat a little more than that.   I actually get cravings for sushi     It's goooooooood stuff! And luckily, we have quite a few great sushi places around here!

Glad it went so well for ya!

Success is a journey... not a destination!     

GD_007
on 9/13/08 12:27 pm - Drexel Hill, PA
While I am horribly loyal to my favorite sushi place in King of Prussia, I'd like to hear some of the places you'd recommend for sushi.  Please do share ...
-GD
Pam Hart
on 9/12/08 9:53 pm - Easton, PA
Glad it went down well - I know that was a worry of yours!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
J. M.
on 9/12/08 11:26 pm
Oh Greg! No FOAMIES! You must be relieved!

I, on the other hand, had a minor foamie episode.  First time in a looooog time. I think I just ate too much and when I was briniging it up i had a little foamie action....graphic, i know

~ Jen   

GD_007
on 9/13/08 12:30 pm - Drexel Hill, PA
Hey Jen,
Sorry to hear about your foamie episode.....I'm starting to worry that I might be one of the "cursed ones" that does *not* dump .    I'll not "test" that theory, though, for a long long long time.
-GD
Lesley G.
on 9/13/08 3:43 am - Allegan, MI
Yay!  I'm so glad to hear this -- I thought sushi would just be totally off limits, and while I do like sashimi, I prefer sushi.  What kind did you have?  Was it a roll or nigiri?  I know I'm about 4 - 6 weeks away from even being able to try it, but a girl can dream...
GD_007
on 9/13/08 12:43 pm - Drexel Hill, PA

Hey party girl!!
Glad you're doing good - I was thinking about you the other day.  Are you on pureed foods now?

I prefer the rolls and my place in King of Prussia does not use a lot of rice.  You know when you buy sushi from the grocery store - those rolls have way too much rice.  Some "high end" sushi places in the city (philly) also use way too much rice.  That just upsets me. 

As for dinner - well, I *use to* have three 8 piece rolls all to myself after an appetizer of either edamame (served warm) or a hand roll California roll.  Our bill would typically run $60-$80.  Last Thursday we ordered 5 rolls, total, and I had *maybe* 6-7 pieces over the course of 45 minutes.  I had a piece or pieces from:
* a spicy California roll
* a "mixed spicy" roll with tempura crumbs inside
* a shrimp tempura roll with a lobster salad on top

Our bill was ~$35.  So eating out had definitely gotten cheaper

-GD

Lesley G.
on 9/13/08 12:50 pm - Allegan, MI
That sounds very good!  When I'm ready I plan on trying a spicy tuna hand roll, and I'll tell them to go light on the rice.  It will be nice having a cheaper sushi bill.  I had sushi as my "last supper" and our bill was about $80 with the tip for two of us.  Totally worth it, but still, it would be nice to have a $35 bill.  Then we can go out twice as often!

I've been doing very well, thanks.  This was my first week back at work so I haven't been posting too much because I was very tired.  The tiredness is going away, and I guess it's a good reminder for me that I'm still recovering and shouldn't push myself too hard.

I start pureed foods MONDAY!  I never thought I would be so excited to eat mush, but I am!  I am going to make a trip to Trader Joe's tomorrow.  I liked your idea of using their sauces with things like pureed chicken, so I'm going to try some too.

Lesley
(deactivated member)
on 9/13/08 7:05 am
I LOVE sushi and sashimi!!  I would live off of it if it werent for the price.  I do get it a few times  month though.....I love the feel of raw fish in my mouth LOL
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views