****TGIF Roll Call****

dit657
on 9/11/08 10:13 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good Morning everybody - sounds like we're all happy Friday is finally here! I treated myself to a Starbucks this morning - iced venti decaf skinny vanilla latte - not much in there but chemicals but it tastes wonderful and sweet and was just what I needed this morning.

Decided to sleep in and not wake the hubby with my morning exercise (my bike is in the bedroom and he doesn't have to work today) but I did take the dog for a walk before heading off to work - dog went back to bed with hubby.

My weekend will be quiet - having a friend over tomorrow and we're going to indulge in some crabs - we've both had a craving for them and its a very good food for us WLS patients - takes a long time to eat - you get small bites - and its good for you - lots of protein!

Other than that just the usual weekend stuff - walking, exercising, cleaning - woo-hoo, could I be any more exciting??

Have a great day everyone! Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
shoutjoy
on 9/12/08 12:29 am - Culpeper, VA
Hi,

I have to make my own Starbucks in the mornings.  The closest is maybe Williamsport.  Yea there are a few things I miss about the city!

Paula
dit657
on 9/12/08 12:33 am - Boothwyn, PA
I got the daVinci sugar free vanilla syrup and had been making my own ice coffees at home - they were pretty good, but not quite as good as Starbucks. I need to start making my own at home again, tho - it was $4.19 for mine this morning - that's insane!!

shoutjoy
on 9/12/08 12:39 am - Culpeper, VA
I kept a close eye on the Delonghi Espresso Machine for years until they decided to discontinue that model and dropped the price from $1200 to $450!  So I make my own.  I am sure it has paid for itself many times over!

Paula
Lesley G.
on 9/11/08 10:49 pm - Allegan, MI
I am also quite thankful it's Friday.  This has been my first week back to work and it's been much more tiring than I had anticipated.  This morning I have my two week follow-up appointment with Dr. Pupkova, then I'll be back at work in the afternoon.  After work I plan to take it easy -- get a good walk in, and then relax and watch a movie.  Hopefully next week will be easier and not so tiring.

Good Friday to all!
Lesley
Pam Hart
on 9/11/08 10:51 pm - Easton, PA
Lesley,

I am astounded at you guys who go back to work so early out....and I can only imagine how tiring that must be - applaud you for all your hard work so early!!  I'm sure your appointment will go well - and definately treat yourself to that movie at home and just lounging tonight - it's as important to rest as it is to move when you are healing!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Lesley G.
on 9/11/08 10:58 pm - Allegan, MI
I definitely wish I could have had another week off, but unfortunately my company's short-term disability defaults to the NJ state plan, which will only pay $400 a week.  I decided I couldn't live on that, so I used 9 sick days for my leave and sucked it up and went back after 2 weeks.  They've been pretty flexible, so this week I've been going into the office in the morning, and then working from home in the afternoons, except for today when I'm doing the opposite.  But still, I would have loved another week off!

I will definitely get lots of rest this weekend.  I know I have a tendency to want to push myself, and I just have to keep reminding myself that I just had major surgery and need to take it easy for now.

Lesley
dit657
on 9/12/08 12:22 am - Boothwyn, PA
Hi Lesley - definitely try to get lots of rest at home in the evenings. I went back to work after one week because I felt so great and would have had to go on STD if I had stayed out longer - I do regret that decision only because it then took me so long after surgery to really get my energy and strength back, and begin exercising. So make sure you take it easy when you can - its amazing how good we can feel and forget about the major surgery we just put ourselves thru.

Kathy

Laureen S.
on 9/11/08 10:50 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Hi Trish & PA Board Posters,

Yay it's Friday!  I'm off to the gym in a few minutes, so I thought I'd post as I will be gone for the weekend, driving to NY later today to pick up my one cousin so we can drive to the Poconos to visit with another cousin of ours who lives in Florida, but is staying at her bf's house in Poconos for a couple more weeks, so I won't be bac****il late tomorrow evening. . . 

After the news I got last night, I am glad to be visiting my cousin, as my Uncle, who is the only one left of my close family, my Mother's brother, was diagnosed with stage 3 lung cancer, it's hard right now knowing what to do, they live in North Carolina and I'm thinking they have a lot to deal with, so we are trying to gather more information from my other cousin's (his children) before deluging them with calls.  This news comes upon the 7th anniversary of my Mother's passing and so it dredges up a lot of feelings, this time of the year is not a happy one for me.  All I can do is pray and think positive thoughts right now. 

Well friends, hope you all have a wonderful Friday and my prayers and positive thoughts continue for any and all who are facing challenges right now.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

jojobear98
on 9/11/08 10:59 pm - Gettysburg, PA
I am at work this morning. Feeling quite groggy. I didn't sleep well last night at all. I guess I am letting my head think too much and I need to relax! LOL

This evening will be heading to the York Fair (weather permitting). If not, we will probably just go for dinner and stop to get my BF a much needed hair cut!

Tomorrow will be heading to Colonial Days in East Berlin. A very nice street fair in a small town. It's so fun to go. After that we will be heading upstate for a race. And hopefully the rain holds off because Johnny is getting ants in his pants and ready to get out on the track.

Sunday will be my nieces Christening. She is so beautiful, I am excited. Then home to watch football. Nothing too exciting. LOL

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila & salt and give me a call!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views