HI Everyone-I'm Home

Marlo71
on 9/11/08 6:47 am - Harrisburg, PA
Hello Everyone! Thank you so much for all the well wishes I got!  Well, I got home yesterday at around 3 pm.  Let me tell you, this was an experience!  I'm glad I reseached so much, but I still was not prepared for the pain.  The first 2 days out of recovery, I had sooo much pain from the pressure and bloating of gas, I couldnt stand it.  I couldnt get out of bed, until day 2, when I did get to walk around I felt a little better.  They also really messed up my throat with the tube, they said I was fighting it and had trouble...well I am still having problems swollowing, but I'm managing.  Once I got out of the hospital and could get dressed I felt so much better!  Being stuck in that bed, drains you.  So, I took a shower today ( so wonderful) and went to Rite Aid to get the meds and the store, so that was good.  I'm still in alot of pain, the stomach muscles hurt ALOT.  But Its getting better!   I cant believe its over and I actaully did it!  The clear liquid stage is going good, but walking around the store, I was like...oh I could eat that and that and that....so that wasnt good...lol   But I'm likeing the liquids I have to so that helps!  Looking forward to real food soon!  Well I made it and cant wait to lose weight now!  What a crazy few days!
Thanks again and I'm sure I'll have a thousand more questions to ask as I go along!  I cant wait to hear about everyone else's stories who had surgery this week!  Ok back to the couch for me!  Have a great night!!

-Marlo 

jojobear98
on 9/11/08 6:53 am - Gettysburg, PA
You are doing great sweetie!

Just keep moving.....even if it's only a little here and there! I will call you this evening!

Hugs and kisses!  

PS....very funny of Chris to tell me you were eating a steak when I called.....ha ha ha

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila & salt and give me a call!

Marlo71
on 9/11/08 11:31 pm - Harrisburg, PA
Thank you so much for all your support!  It has meant alot to me! 
Yes, that Chris is a funny guy!  lol 

OK I'm ready for the pain to be gone now!!!! 
Big hugs!!

-Marlo 

Nicole0216
on 9/11/08 7:30 am - Lancaster, PA

walk walk and sip sip. Take your time. dont rush into any food anything too soon, rest,

I am so glad you are on through this and doing well. We were thinking about you.

Patricia R.
on 9/11/08 7:44 am - Perry, MI
Congratulations and welcome to the Losers' Bench.  We saved room just for you.

Your pain is normal and will improve each day.  My routine for the first few weeks was walk, rest, sip.  Repeat as needed. 

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Pam Hart
on 9/11/08 8:58 am - Easton, PA
Marlo,

Were you open or lap?  Keep walking as much as possible - it's a life saver as far as the gas is concerned.  I'm not sure if your surgeon allows it or not - but I was allowed to use the chewable or the dissolvable strip form of the gas x after surgery even on clear liquids when needed.  It helped a lot during those difficult gassy days.  But really, walking is best.

Keep sipping and resting and you'll do great!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Marlo71
on 9/11/08 11:30 pm - Harrisburg, PA
Thanks Pam!  I had the lap version! I do feel better when I walk around a little!  Yes, I read that the Gas X strips help so I bought some and asked the Dr. and he was like..oh yea thats a good idea, I should see if we have some....like he had never heard of such a thing...lol  So, I use them every now and again.  Now, I'm mostly dealing with the stomach muscle pain!  Yeo-ouch! 
I'm trying to get all the liquids in, but everyone was right, its hard to do.  But I'm managing! Cant wait til this stage is over!!  Thanks for all the support and advice!! 

-Marlo 

Shan08
on 9/11/08 9:01 am - the Skook, PA
welcome home :)

"If you want something bad enough, you'll find it.
If you don't, you'll find excuses."
(deactivated member)
on 9/11/08 10:58 am
Congratulations on becoming an official loser!!!

HG
dit657
on 9/11/08 9:52 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Marlo - you made it!! Congratulations and welcome to the Loser's side of life!! You are going to start feeling better and doing better - don't worry about craving those things you saw at the store - that was definitely 'head hunger' - you're going to do great - listen to your docs and nuts and do what they tell you. We're always here for support and guidance as well.

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views