WINE?

GD_007
on 9/12/08 3:00 pm - Drexel Hill, PA
I tend to agree and understand the heartfelt concerns some might have. 

>
This medium (i.e: threaded discussion) can sometimes make warm heart-felt concerns seem like cold attacks and judgements.  I see it all the time at work (as a high level manager) and often need to run interference between employees whose emails were misconstrued.

There is an excellent exercise I once learned at a Dale Carnegie course and it involved repeating one sentence but each time you repeat the sentence place emphasis on the next word.  For example:
I'd like to see you in my office.
I'd like to see you in my office
I'd like to see you in my office
et cetera.

Anyways....
jburgh
on 9/12/08 4:06 am

Plain and simple...

3.5 years post op
at goal weight
30 y/o male
drink beer socially pretty much every weekend and no problems....
some people are more "by the book" than others, no one persons way is perfect, feel it out for yourself
you come to these boards and your gonna get the "im perfect and this is how I do it" post all the time...just ignore them
the doctors are always over cautious in their approach which is a good thing..
You do have to watch the fact that you will get drunk much faster than you did preop, but as for sipping your fine, as for nibbling a cookie, your fine, just live your life and do whats right for you

GD_007
on 9/12/08 2:46 pm - Drexel Hill, PA
I say try/sip any of them however maybe stay away from any deserrt wine (lotsa sugars).

Like with *any* food we're going to consume - read the labels and or research the item online.  This might be hard if you're at a restaurant however in that case simply say to the waiter/waitress "I need a wine that is low in sugar, can you suggest one or ask someone with wine experience what they'd recommend?".  I find a lot of the waiters don't know much about wines....but there is usualy an "experienced" waitress/waiter that knows.  Or maybe "they" just give me the new waitresses all the time.... hummm 

-GD
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views