Expect the Unexpected!!!

jojobear98
on 9/11/08 12:10 am - Gettysburg, PA
Wow, sometimes you just never know what is around the corner. "Expect the Unexpected"

I have been doing great with eating the last month or so, and lost nothing. Well I lost a few but gained them back. I have been feeling terrible. My Blood counts are lower than they usually are. And mine are low usually resulting in Blood transfusions and IV iron infusions. But this last month, they have been worse. And of course that causes me to be tired, exhauted and wore out.

Well I found out a few days ago that I am pregnant. WOW! I am shocked. I had a still birth in June. this was very unexpected. Guess my hormones in my body were still raging cause nothing makes sense as to how it happened since I was put on BC immediately after what happened. But SURPRISE!

So I am full of mixed emotions. I am happy......of course. But very scared after what happened a few months ago. I hemmorahaged and almost died. I lost our son. It was devestating. So I am so scared something like that may occur again. I sure hope not!

So My Doc's and I are keeping an close eye on my labs. I go to Infusion Center next wednesday all day for treatments. Hopefully my levels increase after that and we can maintain them with routine treatments.

So I guess My body was going through stuff which explains the weight loss stall, and my exhaustion. LOL

Keep me in your thoughts. The next few weeks will be very tough to get through for me. And I am glad that I can express things on here. I am not telling family and friends for a few weeks until I get an unltrasound and some preliminary tests out of the way. After what happened last time, the less people that know for now, the better.

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila & salt and give me a call!

Pam Hart
on 9/11/08 12:13 am - Easton, PA
Congratulations!!

Thank you for sharing with us....and we will be thinking and praying for you and your family.  I understand your fears...and hope all works out the way you would want it too.

We'll be here for you to share.....

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
dit657
on 9/11/08 12:29 am - Boothwyn, PA
I'm sorry to hear about you losing the baby in June, but God does work in mysterious ways - I'm very happy for your that you're pregnant now and praying that everything goes according to plan, your energy level comes up and you deliver a happy and healthy baby. Listen to the docs and your body - wishing you all the best.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Shan08
on 9/11/08 12:32 am - the Skook, PA
Ah yes, I remember being completely wiped out in early pregnancies.  But anyway, CONGRATS!!!! And I sure will send a prayer up for you and yours.

BTW,  did your level and transfusions, etc, result because of WLS??  yikes

"If you want something bad enough, you'll find it.
If you don't, you'll find excuses."
jojobear98
on 9/11/08 12:41 am - Gettysburg, PA

My blood disorder has nothing to do with the WLS. It's a genetic disorder that runs in my family. WLS hasn't helped matters though....LOL. Iron is hard for me to absorb now so I must get IV iron more frequesntly than I had before.

But just an FYI, WLS did not cause my disorder. It just hinders some of the typical routes of maintaining certain aspects of my blood cell count. That's all. LOL

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila & salt and give me a call!

Liz R.
on 9/11/08 12:44 am - Easton, PA
Congrats sweetie!! We are here no matter what - through good times and bad and are always non-judgemental!

Keep yourself healthy and just rest - follow the doctors orders and I pray that all will turn out well.

So sorry to hear about the loss of the last baby.

Liz
~GetnBack2Me ~
on 9/11/08 2:54 am - York Haven, PA
CONGRATS TO YOU!!!!!!!!!
I had 2 post op babies, and they are both healthy wonderful babies!!  Come on over to the post op preggo board if you have any questions!! GOOD LUCK!!

Jen

emimomsm.jpg Emi and Momma image by Imdamomma  momelism.jpg Eli N Momma image by Imdamomma

Melanie B.
on 9/11/08 3:03 am - Doylestown, PA
congrats, this is wonderful news. I will certaily keep you in my tohughts and wish you all the best for a happy healthy baby.

Nicole0216
on 9/11/08 3:33 am - Lancaster, PA
we will be here for you. You will be in my thoughts and I cant help but have a positive feeling.
take a deep breath and walk forward.
New_Beginnings_36
on 9/11/08 3:50 am - PA
Congratulations!! What wonderful news! I will keep you in my thoughts and send good vibes your way. Best wishes to you :)

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views