A day that I always want to eat my way through.

CherylT
on 9/10/08 11:51 pm, edited 9/10/08 11:52 pm - Perkasie, PA
Every year on this day since the attacks on our country, my food addiction comes at me like an evil monster snake. Thoughts of eating plague me all day.

I'm sure there are a lot of us who deal with this, and I wanted to start a thread to discuss our feelings about it.

This year, I am determined not to falter.
Pam Hart
on 9/10/08 11:57 pm - Easton, PA
I was working in Jersey city the day of the attacks and watching the first tower come down across the bay "in person" and then the second one on TV in a hospital (I was doing EMS at the time...)  I was also on standby with every other EMS company to go INTO the city to help with the relief efforts.  Did not go in, however....then of course there was the fact that my father works in the city - luckily was scheduled for a late shift that day and didn't go in before the attacks and then couldn't go in AFTER the attacks....

This day is solomn to say the least...Not sure if my eating habits are worse on this day or not....but you will not faulter - you have a tool in place and can better remember those who are missed and mourned in a more productive way.

Prayers to all,

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Laureen S.
on 9/11/08 1:16 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Cheryl,

As I sit at my desk today and am reminded how that day unfolded, it is a day I cannot get through without tears, for all those who perished on that day, two of which were people I knew well enough, William Lum, Jr., Bill was an usher and my partner at my cousin's wedding and Rosemarie Smith, a receptionist at Brown & Wood, a co-worker of mine for almost 8 years and wonderful lady, who made chocolates and loved her cats. . .  it was also a time I was dealing with the illness of my Mom who died one month later and September 11th took a lot of the wind out of her sails. . .  I worked at One World Trade Center from 1988 to 1996, so we are all connected and that day will never be forgotten. 

Sending you a hug. . .  Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Patricia R.
on 9/11/08 9:53 am - Perry, MI
I did not know anyone personally that was killed in the attack on 9/11.  I also recall that I was in a bit of a fog at that time prior to the attack, as I was in the middle of a painful divorce, and was preparing to sell our home and move when it occurred. 

I do remember that I was teaching in Philly, and the mayor ordered all school and offices closed, and wanted all the businesses in the city to send their workers home.  I also remember all the parents who came to school to pick up their kids prior to our early dismissal. 

But, my most fearful thought was, if we go to war, will there be a draft and will my sons have to go and fight? 

As for food, I always found an excuse to eat, or overeat.  I am trying to change that now. 

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views