Who do I call...Dr. Boe's phone #???

tracyb330
on 9/10/08 10:07 pm - Temple, PA
Hi,
I am having lots of pain in my left side of stomach. It started last week and I thought I pulled a muscle or something, even though I didn’t do anything that would have caused that. Well, a week later and it’s worse. Now it hurts when I walk. Before it just hurt when I got up, coughed, sneezed or rolled over in bed. Is this something I should see Dr. Boe for or can I go to my family Dr. I emailed Toni, his PA but if she doesn't get back to me I can't find a number to call. I know I should have it but can't find it and I am at work wondering what I should do.

Thanks for your help!
Tracy
5'9 and a size 6...I love my tool.
dit657
on 9/10/08 10:35 pm - Boothwyn, PA
The office number is 267-572-3162 - definitely call - it may be nothing, but you're so new from surgery that you shouldn't take any chances...keep us posted.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
tracyb330
on 9/10/08 10:50 pm - Temple, PA
Thanks Kathy,
Dr. Boe just called me and he said it was normal to have that pain since I was done open. He said open patients usually get it around 6-8 weeks out. I am 7 so that explains it.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

Tracy
dit657
on 9/10/08 10:53 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Glad he got back to you so quickly - he's usually really good about that. About one week out from my surgery my puppy jumped onto my stomach knocking the wind out of me. I called Barix and they got Dr Boe and Toni immediately - everything was fine but I was so glad they responsed like they did. Made me feel a lot better.

Hope the pain subsides soon...Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Pam Hart
on 9/11/08 2:35 am - Easton, PA
I just wanted to add that I hope you feel better soon.

I had mine done lap and I can tell you I had some pretty nasty left sided pain for the first two weeks - it went away - and then CAME BACK on the third week and lasted I guess a week or so after that.  And that was just from a "simple" laproscopic procedure.  Dr.  P told me it was from where the largest instrument was placed and the fact that in that area they go into deeper muscle tissue.

I can only imagine if it is the same type of pain, how much worse it is with open.

Feel better soon!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
tracyb330
on 9/11/08 5:59 am - Temple, PA
Thanks Pam and Kathy,
For some strange reason the pain now is in the middle of my stomach. I'm using the heating pad and took my Tylenol and am still in pain. It hurt to walk and to get up off the couch...I guess I'm staying on the couch then. I feel like someone punched me really hard in my stomach. I really hope this pain doesn't last the entire weekend. I don't think I can wait that long to call the Dr back. I hate complaining but this really sucks!!!
Patricia R.
on 9/11/08 9:49 am - Perry, MI
Tracy,
I had open RNY a little over 2 years ago.  I don't remember specific time periods or episodes, just that I would have a good spell, and then be hit with what you describe.  Rest and be gentle with your walking.  Don't stay immobile, but don't overdo.  It does pass, and you will get to feeling like a normal person for good eventually.

If you are still in a great deal of pain and the Tylenol is not helping, you may want to double check with the doc on Friday just to be sure. 

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

tracyb330
on 9/11/08 11:50 pm - Temple, PA

Thanks Trish.
That makes me feel so much better. It is feeling better today. I brought my heating pad to work with me and am taking my Tylenol. It makes me feel better knowing that other people went thru this. Of course the first thing I think is hernia. That's me always thinking the worse.

Thanks again!
Tracy

Patricia R.
on 9/12/08 12:40 am - Perry, MI
Hi Tracy,
I did develop an incisional hernia, and it was very visible on my abdomen.  It was repaired by Dr. Marymor in December.

Hang in there.  When it doubt, just call the Doc.  That is what he is there for.

Huggles,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views