FINALLY! I have all my answers!

Liz R.
on 9/10/08 8:56 pm - Easton, PA
So while there are mixed emotions about everything I am glad that I finally KNOW exactly what is going on! I met with Dr Murray last night, he is Dr Pierson's associate. Well Monday Sept 22nd is my day. I won't get the time until the friday before. I will be having my gall bladder removed at Doylestown Hospital. Boy have things come a long way! My procedure will be done laproscopically and I get to go home the same day! I will be out of work for that week but should be able to fend for myself on most fronts, just have to allow myself to rest and heal.

Thank You all for taking this journey with me and for all of your support!

*HUGS*

Liz
bcutekitty
on 9/10/08 8:59 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Liz,good luck and iam glad you finally have the answer!

dit657
on 9/10/08 10:03 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Great news Liz!! I'm so glad you finally got the answers you needed and wanted, and your surgery is schedule and you're on your way. Outside of the discomfort you'll have from the surgery itself I'm sure you'll feel so much better not feeling sick all the time.

We're all here for you - take care - Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
tammypa
on 9/10/08 10:18 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Liz,
I am so happy that you finally have the answers and the solution for your pain. Will keep you in my prayers.  I wanted to know how much a gall bladder weighs, so when I have mine out I will
be that much closer to my goal weight.  I was hoping for ten pounds but Dennis told me I was
really reaching with that one. Tammy
Liz R.
on 9/10/08 11:05 pm - Easton, PA
LOL Tammy personally I was hoping that it weighed 40! Dr said I might loose a few pounds as I am not going to feel much like eating for the first day or 2. Might try and do the pouch test while I am home recovering - stick to soups puddings etc.

Thanks again!
Liz
Patti M.
on 9/10/08 10:20 pm
Good luck Liz!  I'm so glad you're going to be getting that pesky gallbladder removed!  It sure has been painful for you.  Be sure you get some rest that week!
Patti      
Laureen S.
on 9/10/08 10:28 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

Hey Liz,

Happy to hear that a solution is forthcoming for you!  Sorry it involves more surgery, but as you said, thankfully they've come a long way in the last 10 years, the old removal of gallbladder was one of the most difficult recovery processes, laproscopically is amazing and I certainly hope that this process goes smoothly.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Liz R.
on 9/10/08 11:06 pm - Easton, PA
Thanks everyone! I'll keep you all posted as things get closer and I will try and post when i get home monday night. If I can make it up the stairs! lol

Liz
(deactivated member)
on 9/10/08 11:18 pm
Liz,

Glad to see you finally have answers and soon be free of this pesky pain from the gall bladder. I will be thinking of you.

Pam Hart
on 9/10/08 11:53 pm - Easton, PA
Liz,

Glad to hear you finally have answers, even though it means more surgery.  And isn't the 22nd the week that you wanted it done?

If you'd like, my cell is 732-904-8179 and my home is 732-495-3969  If you want to just rest and not even attempt to post afterwards (which would probably be the best idea) but you are up to calling or texting someone, feel free to text my cell or call my house.  Not sure what my sleeping schedule will be - but I will post for you if you'd like.

We'll be thinking of you!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views