Well DUUUHH

Pam Hart
on 9/10/08 1:16 am - Easton, PA
I forgot to post about this cute moment at work....

We have a new secretary who just started working with us about 4 weeks ago.  At work last night the topic of conversation turned to gastric bypass and the multiple coworkers who have had it done, many with great results, and a few who don't follow the program and have had their struggles, never reached goal and/or have gained the majority of their weight back. 

So at one point as we were going through the list I started rattling off names of those who have had it done..."Christine, Jamilet, Maribel, Terry, and myself"  So the secretary looks at me with this wide eyed look and says "YOU had it done?"  I chuckled and said "yea....in October"  Her next comment was "You don't look like you needed gastric bypass surgery, you look skinny and healthy!"  I started laughing and said "Well, that kind of is the point of the surgery...to look like you didn't need it and to BE healthy which I now am.  I've lost a hundred and five pounds"   I then brought up OH website and showed her my before pics - which she argued with me about them being me.  A few co workers took a look at them (those who I have worked with and new before surgery) and said "I honestly don't remember you looking like that - it's like you've been this size the whole time I've known you" 

It made my day.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
(deactivated member)
on 9/10/08 1:28 am
Awesome Wow moment Pam! ....
GD_007
on 9/10/08 1:37 am - Drexel Hill, PA

-GD
Heather D.
on 9/10/08 2:03 am - OH
Awesome!!

Nicole0216
on 9/10/08 2:17 am - Lancaster, PA
that is so weird isnt it?
dit657
on 9/10/08 3:28 am - Boothwyn, PA
Awwwww.......what a cool wow moment for you!! You do look like an entirely different person - sure you feel like one too!  You're one of my heros, that's fer sure!!

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Patricia R.
on 9/10/08 7:36 am - Perry, MI
That's neat.  Keep up the good work.  You are an inspiration to me.

Huggles,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Boogaloo
on 9/10/08 10:00 am - PA
Hey Pam,
I haven't been online for a while (traveling so much with work) so imagine my surprise tonight as a get to see your new profile picture and all I can say is SKINNY MINNY!!!  You go girl, fantastic....
that's all - just had to comment.
Lou
J. M.
on 9/10/08 11:32 am
thats awesome pam.

im getting the same thing...kindof. i started a new job where no one is aware of the big girl i once was. it's nice to have a clean slate, but i did tell a few people about it (my assistant, other teammate, mentor...etc.)  they are saying the same types of things...."cant believe it...would've never known...cant tell"

its pretty cool

~ Jen   

tammypa
on 9/10/08 10:26 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Pam,
That was a great story. You are the picture of success for WLS - our skinny minny girl.
Tammy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views