chemical stress test

Drew
on 9/10/08 8:03 am - Plainsboro, NJ
Can anyone tell me where I can find a cardiologist to accomodate a 500 lb patient for a chemical stress test in NJ/PA? I'm having trouble finding a suitbale doctor/office/hospital. Surely I can't be the first one to have had this problem. Can anyone point me in the right direction? It seems that most will only go up to 350 pounds or so (because of the tables they use, apparently. I'm in New Jersey, but will go anywhere in the New Jersey/Pennsylvania area that can acommodate me.
Any information you can provide is greatly appreciated.
Pam Hart
on 9/10/08 10:48 am - Easton, PA
I will talk to a few people at work and find out if they know of any place...give me a few days...I'll try to see if I can come up with any answers by Friday for you.....good luck!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
JillZ
on 9/10/08 12:40 pm - Warrington, PA
Hi, I'm a nuclear medicine technologist, we perform the injection of the isotope and take the pictures.  It's true most of the tables only go up to 400 lbs so in that case we do what is called planar imaging as opposed to S.P.E.C.T. imaging.  You could see if planar imaging is satisfactory, because then we can use a special stretcher, you can not however use that type of stretcher for spect imaging.  Planar imaging does not provide nearly as much diagnostic info., but it may sufficient.  Hope that helped, best of luck to you:)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views