***Wednesday Roll Call***

Pam Hart
on 9/9/08 7:53 pm - Easton, PA
Happy hump day!!

Hubby got the dishes, lawn, and kitchen done yesterday for me which was awesome - of course he made a TON of noise while doing so, and my sleep was interrupted quite frequently - but how do you yell about making noise when he's doing the housework that I didn't get to???

He was in a pissy mood - apparantly he did very well on his first day in the maintenance position - but it is corporate - and although  his co workers gave him good reviews, corporate headquarters called the branch and said after THEY reviewed his resume, they feel they want someone with more experience in the job.  So he is jobless yet again :(  good news is I have a lead from a girl at work about a possible position he would qualify for at her husbands company and am giving her a resume to fwd to them on Thursday when I see her again.  He's also talking about going to a few local tow companies in the area.  Generally speaking the hours are long, the pay not so great, and the work really tough - but it would be a paychec****il we can do something else and/or move to pa.

My agenda for today is to spend the morning with him and make sure he's ok as he can get pretty bummed pretty quickly.  Probably finish up the living room and what not and nothing to exciting otherwise.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Liz R.
on 9/9/08 8:30 pm - Easton, PA
Wow Pam how do you get Brian to do housework?! I have to try that on Chris! lol Sorry to hear about thejob :( hopefully the other lead works out! HT's husband (also Brian) is a tow truck driver among other things I believe - but I believe that they are a bit too far from you guys...

Today I am at work 6-1:30 then I meet with the surgeon to find out my fate with the gallbladder. I'll post tonight and let everyone know how I made out. Then I have to stop at Mom's to pick up some stuff and check on her. After that probably just head home to do the chores I didn't do yesterday.

Have a great day all!

Liz
Pam Hart
on 9/9/08 10:04 pm - Easton, PA
Kind of like finding a shooting star, liz....every once in awhile I see him doing housework!  LOL  Actually - generally he's pretty good at helping out - but the past oh 6 weeks or so have been a different story.....being a little  and witchy sometimes helps.....
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Patricia R.
on 9/9/08 8:51 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Pam,
Wow, sorry to hear about hubby's job.  That's a bummer alright. 

My sister called me yesterday to tell me she is getting scheduled for lap band at Jeannes Hospital in Philly, probably in November.  She has been going through the preliminaries with them for months.  They require all of the preliminary testing and screenings to be done at Jeannes itself, including the psych eval.  She was asking me about protein drinks, which ones I use. 

Today, I am heading off to work, and then probably to the allergist for my shot.  After that, I might try to tidy, something I tend to slack off on a lot.  My place looks like a tornado ripped through it.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

CherylT
on 9/9/08 9:48 pm - Perkasie, PA
Hump day?! Does that mean we get to....

ummm..hee hee....gosh....

Today I have ANOTHER job interview (ugh, I have to put makeup on AGAIN).  Then Anatomy class (ZZZZzzzzz....).

Another interview Saturday morning, and Daughtry concert Sat. night! Woohoo!

:)

Patti M.
on 9/9/08 10:07 pm
Hijack!  Hi Cheryl!  There are 6 of us headed out to the concert Sat night too!  I can't wait for the concert!  We saw him about a month ago in Tom's River and he was awesome, as usual.    He's never put on a bad show! 
Patti      
CherylT
on 9/10/08 5:35 am - Perkasie, PA
On September 10, 2008 at 5:07 AM Pacific Time, Patti M. wrote:
Hijack!  Hi Cheryl!  There are 6 of us headed out to the concert Sat night too!  I can't wait for the concert!  We saw him about a month ago in Tom's River and he was awesome, as usual.    He's never put on a bad show! 

Yay! I can't wait!!

It's my daughter's first concert, not counting High School Musical at Disneyland. She's very excited too.

I hope we can take pics!!

:)

Patti M.
on 9/10/08 5:52 am
He never disappoints, that's for sure.  When we saw him last month he did quite a few new songs, which were all very good.

He actually does a cool thing during one of the songs with anyone who has a camera...it's really cool!  He has everyone take a picture AT THE SAME TIME so all you see is flash's going off.  Just be careful cause it's supposed to rain on Saturday.  My best friend and I sat in THE POURING rain last year at the same concert!  It was our first Daughtry concert and we STILL had a blast even though we were soaked!  This year we made sure we got grandstand (covered) seats.  LOL!!
Patti      
dit657
on 9/9/08 9:53 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning everyone - well damn Pam, if its not one thing its another for you - so sorry to hear about hubby's job - sucks the way it was handled. I hope he finds something soon and doesn't get too down about it.

I'm at work - hopefully Xerox gets here to fix our machine - I'm sick and tired of listening to the whining about it not working. Tonight I meet with my personal nutritionist (she's a doll!!) for about an hour then run home to meet with the hardscaping guy who is doing some work on this big mulch hill in the front of our house.

Between work and my appt with the nut I have jeans to take back to Lane Bryant and some tops to take back to Kohl's, so it'll be a busy night. And I've got to get my butt over to Nordstrom's or somewhere in the mall this week to find a dressy outfit for a wedding I have next Friday night. I have nothing dressy or fancy, including shoes, so its going to have to be a complete outfit. I'm hoping to find something that I can use on the cruise, too...

Hope everyone has a great day - Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
bcutekitty
on 9/9/08 10:15 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning everybody,
well i dont have to be in work till 11:30 so i need to get my butt in gear with packing i leave Friday night for Myrtle Beach till next Sunday no kids no hubby which i will miss him but he cant the time off to busy at work this time of year but 1wk of laying in the sun drinking smething lol i will celebrate my 1yr while iam out there it is Sept 18 boy what a journey this has been loving every minute of it,not only have i lost 90pounds but i have gained alot of new friends....
have a great hump day!!!!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views