My First WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rita61677
on 9/9/08 2:45 am - Philadelphia, PA
SO today at work one of my co-workers had been out on maternity leave and she came back to work this am. She was here early with her 7 year old daughter both of which I havent seen since before my surgery. Im almost 5 weeks out at this point and down 32 pounds. Well my co-worker's daughter said "miss RIta you got skinny"..... WHAT???!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no one has ever called me skinny. even though im no where near skinny yet but to hear rita and skinny in the same sentence i think i had a grin for the whole day since. I have received another compliment today from a co-worker - she said " wow you're body !!!! what are you doing??? never mind i dont wan to know bec. I wont be able to do it as well as you are. you look fabulous." This is the best day so far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dit657
on 9/9/08 3:11 am - Boothwyn, PA
Congratulations on such a wonderful wow moment!! That's fantastic and feels so good, doesn't it!?

Get used to being called 'skinny' - I had lunch with a bunch of co-workers who now work in another location a few weeks ago - hadn't seen them since June - they all came in calling me 'Skinny B*tch' - of course I'm not even close to skinny so I'm sure people around us are thinking 'man, those girls need glasses!!' but I knew what they meant and it felt wonderful to hear.

Keep up the great work - many more wow moments to come your way!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
blondydjm22
on 9/9/08 3:21 am - Waynesboro, PA
I had a great WOW moment today too. A co-worker made the comment "Everytime I see you, you get skinnier." That made my day, even though I am only 4 weeks post-op as of today and have only lost 33.
I think the co-worker WOW moments are the best, because they are so unexpected. 

293              260       160
Pre-Surgery / Current / Goal
Laureen S.
on 9/9/08 3:24 am - Maple Shade, NJ
This is just the first of many, enjoy them, you are working it! 

Wishing you many more such moments, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Carrie W.
on 9/9/08 8:51 am - Levittown, PA
Def get used to a lot of compliments such as "skinny" or "slim" or " you keep getting skinnier and skinner each time I see you".  These will mostly come from friends, family, and co-workers who knew the "old" you. It can be a little overwhelming at first, and you almost feel like you want to hide your weightloss until it's all gone and you can have just one BIG reveal.  Don't get me wrong, the mini reveals are great too.  But you always think to yourself, "wait until they see me next time!".   Congrats though girl.  You are going to have great days like this one for a very long time :o)
Elizabeth O.
on 9/9/08 9:50 am - Millville, PA
wonderful! Congratulations!!!
I know what you mean, I can't imagine the word skinny and me being in the same sentence,,, (I'm still pre-op so I have a ways to go yet...)  I hope you're thoroughly enjoying your moment!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 9/9/08 10:54 am
That's great Rita!!  That was the first of many, many more wows!!

HG
Pam Hart
on 9/9/08 11:16 am - Easton, PA
Rita,

That's a great moment - enjoy them!  There will be times that it seems almost ridiculous - but they are all meant whole heartedly by those who know you!!

Keep up the great work!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
New_Beginnings_36
on 9/9/08 1:02 pm - PA
Rita, you will have many more wow moments....Congrats :)

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
Jan K.
on 9/9/08 8:52 pm - Was Jenkintown, PA but now NYC, PA
Rita,

The best is . . .  it's only going to get better and better!!!  Enjoy, celebrate and keep on successing!

Jan
         You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
                                                                                 --Mahatma Ghandi 
                                 Celebrate Life, L'Chaim, Peace, Shalom

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views