Awesome dip if you like hot stuff!

jojobear98
on 9/8/08 10:47 pm - Gettysburg, PA
 Had this at a picnic over the weekend. And it ROCKS!   This time of year with football games, hot wings are a staple at my home. And this recipe is so good if you love wings. So thought I would share!

Buffalo Chicken Dip

4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, boiled and shredded

1 12 ounce bottle hot sauce

2 8 ounce packages of cream cheese

1 16 ounce bottle Ranch dressing

1/2 cup chopped celery

8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese or Cheddar Cheese, grated

In a 13x9x2 inch baking pan, combine the shredded chicken meat with the entire bottle of hot sauce, spreading to make an even layer.

In a saucepan, combine the cream cheese and ranch dressing over medium heat until smooth.

Pour this mixture evenly over the chicken. Sprinkle with chopped celery and then shredded cheese.

Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until bubbly. (Watch that the top doesn't get browned.) Let stand 10 minutes.

Serve hot or warm with Doritos "Scoops" (you need a sturdy chip for this!) or celery sticks.

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila & salt and give me a call!

Pam Hart
on 9/8/08 11:10 pm - Easton, PA
I've made a dip like this before - but w/o the cream cheese and it is awesome!!  Thanks for reminding me of it!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
alffy1965
on 9/9/08 6:06 am - Bensalem, PA
Ok...obviously I don't cook alot.  Sooooo, how do you shred the chicken?

jojobear98
on 9/9/08 6:41 am - Gettysburg, PA
You can use a cheese type grater that has large holes. you can use a fork to "shred it" or I just use my meat scissors that came with my knife set and cut up the pieces. It's very quick to do.

Also, just pulling off chicken from and already made "rotisserie chicken" from your local walmart or grocery store works well. It's already cooked and ready to pick off!

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila & salt and give me a call!

Gail M.
on 9/9/08 8:57 am - Scranton, PA
Pre WLS I would of loved this.  Ever since surgery I can't eat spicy.  I had a chicken wing salad and I thought my pouch was being ripped to shreds.  Have you ever heard of this problem?
Gail

jerseyjuji
on 9/10/08 12:21 am
This dip is so awesome, and I'm so happy you posted it! I was at a Labor Day party, and someone brought it.  I have an email out to someone who I thought might have the recipe, because I want to make it this weekend for another party (I'm such a party girl!!).  And here it is....thanks!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views