1 year yesterday

mystic_dragonfly
on 9/8/08 8:29 pm - Lock Haven, PA

It has been 1 year yesterday that I had my gastric bypass surgery. I am down 178 ( more I think) and I am feeling pretty good. I go see the plastic surgeon November 7th. It was to be this month but they changed my appointment. I would do it all over again if I had to but I better not because that means I didn't listen and do what I was told.  I have been worried about my eating habits because my dad just passed away on August 28th. It was his birthday and that has really messed me up. Instead of the over eating like I normally do I am barely eating at all. I know I have to but I just can't seem make myself eat properly. I am like a zombie. Well that's enough for now the tears are starting again.

Hope you all have a great day....

mystic_dragonfly     Dr. Udekwu, Dr Moya and Jen Gallo is the best!!!!!!!

Liz R.
on 9/8/08 9:49 pm - Easton, PA
Congrats on the year out and the weight lost!

So sorry to hear about your dad though :( loosing him on his b-day had to be tough. Hang in there and remember to take care of you. If you aren't eating much try and get in your protein and fluids first and foremost. Drink shakes if you have to - hang in there - things will get better!

Liz
Pam Hart
on 9/8/08 9:56 pm - Easton, PA
Congrats on a very very successful year!!  You have done a fabulous job!!

I'm sorry to hear about your dad - try to do it one day at a time and like liz said fluids and protein first.  It's hard to put yourself first in times like these and also deal with the emotional eating difficulties.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
dit657
on 9/8/08 10:08 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Sort of a bittersweet message, but I did want to congratulate you on having such a wonderful year and losing so much weight - I know you have to feel wonderful about it.

And I'm so sad to hear about your dad - but as much as you miss him you have to remember to take care of yourself, too - getting sick now won't help anything. Mourn for him, but take care of yourself, too.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Laureen S.
on 9/8/08 10:45 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Congratulations on your "successing" journey!  You've done a great job and I hope you know that when the people we love leave their earthly bounds, their spirits are still here for us, so your dad lives within you and is just a memory away and while, having lost my only parent coming up on 7 years now, I know that at this moment that does not seem comforting, look for the signs and I am sure that your dad would not want you to spiral into depression and not taking good care of yourself.  I am sending you a hug and my heartfelt condolences and in my prayers I shall remember you, it takes time, but your heart will heal.

Hugs, prayers and positive thoughts, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

mystic_dragonfly
on 9/9/08 12:21 am - Lock Haven, PA
Thank you all for the comforting responses and support. I really appreciate it. I am trying to do it one day at a time. At least I know he is no longer in pain and for that I am happy.
   thanks again...

mystic_dragonfly     Dr. Udekwu, Dr Moya and Jen Gallo is the best!!!!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 9/9/08 6:32 am
Congratulations on your very successful year!  I am sure your dad is smiling down on you. 
Patricia R.
on 9/9/08 7:08 am - Perry, MI
I am so sorry to hear about the death of your father.  It takes time to grieve and mourn, so do not beat yourself up for your feelings and tears right now.  I have suffered two deaths of brothers since my surgery two years ago.  It hurts. 

While you may have lost your desire for food, which is understandable, you should be sure to at least make yourself drink a protein shake each day, and take your vitamins. 

In the meantime, you are to be congratulated for your progess in your weight loss.  Hang in there.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Laura D.
on 9/9/08 11:36 am - Pottstown, PA
Congratulations on your year!  How encouraging it is to hear stories like yours.

I'm so sorry about your Father's passing.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views