Heart racing after eating

jastypes
on 9/8/08 3:57 am - Croydon, PA
Anyone else experience this?  It started over the weekend and continues today.  Feels like dumping, but I'm not eating anything sugary.  I had sushi for lunch today.  I got way too much sun on Friday and haven't felt quite right since.  I have a sunburn.  Could it be sun poisoning?  My face is peeling and my lips are chapped, cracked and have a fever blister.  Maybe I'm just coming down with something?

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Liz R.
on 9/8/08 4:09 am - Easton, PA
was the sushi wrapped in rice? Rice does it to me. So can carbs. The carbs for me kick in about  1-2 hours after I eat them, it is called reactive hypoglycemia and isn't all that uncommon after about a year out. The sun can also do it - make sure you up your water intake - sunburn is VERY dehydrating.

Hope you feel better soon - if you don't please call Dr P!

Liz
jastypes
on 9/8/08 4:15 am - Croydon, PA
I am REALLY bad about drinking anything, but especially water.  I've got a diet tea I'm sipping right now.  I'll have to keep doing that.  Didn't think about the rice.  Hmmm.  That's what it feels like too -- hypoglycemia.  It happens quick though! 

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Liz R.
on 9/8/08 4:27 am - Easton, PA
Jill - diet tea still has caffeine - remember that for every 8 ounces of caffinated beverage you have to have to compensate with 16 ounces of non-caffinated beverage - preferably water!

Watch yourself - don't want to get dehydrated! Sounds like you might be on the road - 64ounces a day is my fluid goal. I currently do over 100oz. I do have 12 ounces of regular coffee occasionally and I can almost feel it sucking the moisture out of my body.

Good luck in figuing it out!

Liz
Melanie B.
on 9/8/08 4:14 am, edited 9/8/08 4:14 am - Doylestown, PA
I would say you are dehydrated. Drink tons of water.

joldaker
on 9/8/08 8:02 am - West Bradford, PA

The only thing that makes me feel that way is if the drinks have caffine. I would switch to unsweetened decaf tea, take the tea bags with you if you have to. That way you have better control over what goes into your drinks.

About the sun, use some eucerin lotion until that heals and try to avoid burning that badly in the future. For me, I get very dehydrated after getting sun burned. But these two may have nothing to do with each other.

Highest Wt 299.8 / Surg Wt 285 / Curr Wt 157
Jan K.
on 9/8/08 10:38 am - Was Jenkintown, PA but now NYC, PA
Jill, Haven't had that but do hope you are doing better!!  DDoesn't sound like dumping though, that I do know first hand and your description sounds like something else.  Keeps us informed ~~~~

Jan
         You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
                                                                                 --Mahatma Ghandi 
                                 Celebrate Life, L'Chaim, Peace, Shalom

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views