potty talk

sbrunell
on 9/8/08 3:02 am - Bensalem, PA
First, if you don't like to talk about potty stuff, please stop reading.
Second, this is not potty mouth stuff. If you are interested in that, then PM me

Ok...I've been pooping more so than I have since the surgery. Lately, 2-3 times a day. I've also have had a LOT more gas. I am eating the same...although I am snacking more so than usual....

The Gas-X does nothing.

Any other thoughts?
Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

dit657
on 9/8/08 3:14 am - Boothwyn, PA
Worry if you stop pooping or have the Hershey Squirts - otherwise I wouldn't worry too much. Do you take a stool softener or other laxative (good lord there are NO secrets here, are there!). On the recommendation of my nut and surgeon I take a Colase every day which keeps me very regular - sometimes 2-3 times a day (usually after a 'meal'). If you're taking something to help you go maybe back off a little but otherwise I wouldn't be too concerned. Be more concerned if you stop going.

Gas - yep, get that too - haven't taken anything but walks to the bathroom to relieve that! Not sure Gas-X works on us....

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
jdruski
on 9/8/08 4:01 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hey Steve,

This is wonderful potty news.  After my first month post op I went back to my normal of 2X per day  I also take Ultra Colon Clenze a few times per week. 

Gas... it is the price some of us pay for our RNY.  You say you are snacking more, check on your carb intake and also sugar count, both of which can contribute to more frequent BMs.

Of course if you feel you are going in excess check it out with your doc.

Jeanne
levittown_loser
on 9/8/08 4:54 am - Levittown, PA
I'd bet your carb's have increased over time and that's the culprit.  Do you log your food someplace like sparkpeople or dailyplate to keep an eye on things?

HW 341/SW 309/CW 169/GW 190   172 lb. loss with my DS -  Subscribe to me on YouTube!
Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 1-11-11 Lower Body Lift, Thigh Lift, Upper Body Lift, Arm Lift and Male Breast Reduction

If you are a MALE and are interested in MALE PLASTICS AFTER WLS click to join our OH Group!

joldaker
on 9/8/08 8:11 am - West Bradford, PA
You should be pooping after you eat each time, so I think what is going on with you is that your system is normal for the first time since surgery. If you stop going 2 or 3 times a day you need to worry. This is the time your body is getting used to all the changes. You may end up gassy for the rest of your life and there is not much you can do about that, but learn to deal with it.

Keep in mind this is a small price to pay for the massive change in your life and body.

Jen
Highest Wt 299.8 / Surg Wt 285 / Curr Wt 157
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views