Update on Hernia Repair/Plastic Surgery

Mike M.
on 9/8/08 5:50 am - Langhorne, PA
Hi gang... just wanted to give everyone a quick update (as I've gotten several questions over the past couple of weeks):  After a crazy series of events and several doctor's visits, I will be having my surgery at Barix (yes, you read that correctly... at Barix!) this Wednesday, September 10.  Dr. Skalicky, my awesome plastic surgeon, is going to "open the door" and allow the MAN, Dr. Marymor, to go in to complete my hernia repair.  Once Dr. Marymor has completed the hernia repair, Dr. Skalicky will take the wheel once again and make me beautiful... or at least a little less lumpy.  LMAO!  I'll be at Barix for one night and will (hopefully) be resting at home for about 2 weeks starting on Thursday afternoon.

Many thanks to those of you who wished me well at the last post-op meeting as well as everyone who has e-mailed me since that meeting asking how everything was going.  I'll be sure to post something on OH when I get home from the hospital.

Thanks again... wish me luck!

Mike
Pam Hart
on 9/8/08 5:53 am - Easton, PA
"....or at least a little less lumpy"  Thanks for the smile Mike!!

I'm sure all will go well and we'll be thinking of you on Wed.  When you feel up to it, let us know how you make out! 

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
(deactivated member)
on 9/8/08 5:59 am
Michael

Crazy events and doctors go hand in hand trust me on this one!

You are gonna do great this week and even though you didn't say please .....
,,,,Best of luck this week!

**hugs**
jackie j
on 9/8/08 6:49 am - Glenmoore, PA
Congrats on the next step you are taking....can't wait to see the results....and just remember, we loved you even when you were lumpy

Jackie J.    hugs.gif image by LISAH900   ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange  

1 choice @ a time > 1 day @ a time.   Slow to Succeed is still Success ;-)

Arlene E.
on 9/8/08 8:18 am - Philadelphia, PA
 Mike

Good luck on Wednesday.  Barix and the awesome Drs and staff will take great care of you.
Can't wait to see the results.  You may have to bare all at a future meting.  LOL
Arlene
Jan K.
on 9/8/08 9:25 am - Was Jenkintown, PA but now NYC, PA
Mike, that is great news!  Wishing you, your docs, and all the staff at OUR favorite WLS friendly clinic, BARIX, all the best!!  Gee, I am wondering . . .  are you going to take pictures of your lumpiness before and then pictures again after the lumps have been removed?  Does this mean you will now forego a new nickname like the Beaver and his brother Wally's friend, Lumpy?  You're giving me ideas for naming parts of my bod . . . lumpy, grumpy, bumpy, slumpy and dumpy, and let's not forget about other options like droopy, poopie and  loopy.   Cany ou tell I am exhausted already this week and it's only Monday?  I miss my summer vacation ; (

Seriously, relax and know you have a great team.  Can't wait to hear how all of it goes.

Jan
         You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
                                                                                 --Mahatma Ghandi 
                                 Celebrate Life, L'Chaim, Peace, Shalom

GinaB308
on 9/10/08 1:49 am - PA
Hijack.......................wow Jan, you look amazing!  Great new avatar!!!!  Hope the world is treating you well.  we will have to catch up !

gina

cleos_mom
on 9/8/08 9:31 am - phila., PA
Hi Mike.
I wish you a speedy recovery on your upcoming surgery. you are in great hands @ Barix with Dr. Marymor & Dr. Skalicky and the BARIX STAFF also. hope to see you at the post-op meeting in October.
Can we have a show & tell at the next post-op meeting?. I hear Dr. Skalicky's group is very good. I would like to have plastics at Barix but only with Skalicky & Lambs group
hope to see you soon  what little is left of you.
take care .
Susan
J. M.
on 9/8/08 9:50 am
Good luck!!!! I'm sure you will be awesome and all back to "normal" in no time.  : )

~ Jen   

(deactivated member)
on 9/8/08 10:07 am
Did you ever think that almost two years to the day you would be back on a Barix operating table??  You are in great hands...can't wait to see the results.

HG
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views