Choco YumYum Protein Pudding

Shannon O.
on 9/8/08 2:25 am - Reading, PA
Ok finally the recipe for this... this is my snack and it is filling... and a good way to get protein in that is lean as well... if you don't have protein powder not a big deal... still tastes the same...

1 box of SF chocolate pudding (the big box that takes 3 cups of milk to make)
3.5 cups of skim milk- one cup had 7 g of protein (at least mine does)
1 block of fat free cream cheese- 2 TBSP has 5 grams of protein- there is 17 TBSP- so that makes it 42g of total protein...
2 scoop of protein powder- unflavored- 17 grams per scoop
1 banana or 1 cup of frozen strawberries
1/4 to 1/2 cup of splenda (this is to taste- you might not need it at all)

Toss it all in the blender... put on frozen drink mix (if your blender has it) to get the cream cheese blended with the rest. You might have to pluse it a few times to have it mixed well. Place in 1 cup servering size containers or in one big sealable bowl and toss in fridge for a few hours. And when it is blended well, you will think it looks just like normal chocolate pudding.

For Vanilla (which seems to come just in 2 cup of milk size at my store) do the same but drop the milk down to 2.5 cups of milk and use 3/4 of a block of cream cheese... you can do this with any flavor... banana is awesome as is lemon... lemon and cream cheese makes very yummy cheese cake taste...

Nicole0216
on 9/8/08 3:31 am - Lancaster, PA
sounds yummy i may try this.

do you still that that chai smoothie recipe?
Shannon O.
on 9/8/08 6:56 am - Reading, PA
I will look for it later... I know I posted it here... but I will look tonight for it

Liz R.
on 9/8/08 5:40 am - Easton, PA
Hi Shannon! Great recipe! I am going to have to try this.

a question and a comment
first my question - instant pudding right?

then my comment
I seem to remember that instant pudding DOESN'T set up with instant pudding - just a note, might be more like soup then pudding! lol might have to try it just to make sure :)

Liz
Pam Hart
on 9/8/08 5:45 am - Easton, PA
"Instant pudding doesn't set up with instant pudding"  Do you mean doesn't set up with protein powder?  If so - I haven't had any trouble with it - I have mixed in protein powder in both chocolate and cheesecake flavored pudding and haven't had much of an issue with it except that it was vanilla protein powder and it was way to sweet for me....

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Liz R.
on 9/8/08 5:52 am, edited 9/8/08 5:53 am - Easton, PA
OK it has been a LONG day and I am in desperate need of sleep! LOLbusy as a bee!

what I actually meant to say is that instant pudding doesn't set up with SOY MILK if I remember correctly. For those of us with a lactose intolerance that wanted to try this.

Thanks Pam for pointing out my malfunction
Pam Hart
on 9/8/08 11:54 am - Easton, PA
Hee hee....we've all had days like that darling!!

I believe you are correct with the soy milk...I seem to remember in Mary and Norm's post about the mint shakes they make that you had to use soy milk cause that way the pudding wouldn't set up.

I have never tried, though, so I'm not sure.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Shannon O.
on 9/8/08 6:55 am - Reading, PA
yes it is instant pudding... and this sucker sets.. we call this chocolate soup at home to get Lorelei to eat something other than chicken noodle soup

sunshinedaze
on 9/8/08 6:49 am - Franklin, PA
Shannon..thanks for sharing this. I can't wait to try it. I just had surgery Aug 20th and I'm having a bit of a time getting all my protein in. I can only do so much of the 'shakes' before my tum wants to do summersaults.
I'm sure I'll get into the groove of it all soon!
~Trobyann~
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Shannon O.
on 9/8/08 6:57 am - Reading, PA
I ate lots of pudding after surgery... months and month later because I had to eat like a 1/2 a cup and then wait 30 mins and then I could eat breakfast... I needed my tummy to stretch a little to handle an egg or even a protein shake...

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views