I threw up!

Pam Hart
on 9/8/08 2:00 am - Easton, PA
Yes that's a happy face.  It is just utterly ridiculous that I am so thrilled to have thrown up.

I'm almost 11 mos out.  I've had the foamies before....I have gotten things stuck before...I have been nauscious to the point of wanting to die before....and on most of those occassions I have dry heaved for anywhere between 15 and 45 minutes with no relief. 

So, (ok and this was a bad choice and I deserve what I got so lesson learned) when I got home from work I was hungry....real hungry which normally doesn't happen.  The ricotta cheese or yogurt was just not gonna work for me today.  So stupid here decides to take a bagel left over from my friend's visit....toast it....put a slice of ham and cheese on it....and eat it.  This brilliant move by the same person who gets the foamies after 1/2 an english muffin.

Well...lemme tell you....it started with the queaziness....the runny nose...the watering eyes...the gagging....but then I vomited.  Most of what I ate came up.  And lemme tell you - it was the best feeling ever!!  Not something I would want to make as a daily habit or even close to a "routine" habit.....but at least I got relief.  And a little reminder similar to that of the v8 commercials....thump on the head for me...and this is why I don't eat these things Yogurt it will be next time!

Just thought I would share.....

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
joldaker
on 9/8/08 2:03 am - West Bradford, PA
UMMM Congrats?

It feels strange to say to a person who puked but Good Going!!!
Highest Wt 299.8 / Surg Wt 285 / Curr Wt 157
Liz R.
on 9/8/08 2:18 am - Easton, PA
LOL - well I know that it has been a long road for you with out throwing up - so congrats - now you know the terrible-ness of it! lol

yogurt good - bagel bad! :)

Liz

PS - sounds vaguely familiar - I seem to rembember a um *friend* that had to eat a bagel twice to see if that was what caused her low blood sugar!
dit657
on 9/8/08 3:05 am - Boothwyn, PA
Welcome to my world, honey!! and that old song always said 'breaking up is hard to do' - obviously they never had RNY so they don't know that 'throwing up is hard to do' too!

Bagels haven't tempted me in the least, but oh man, let somebody toast a piece of cinnamon raisin bread and my mouth waters and my whole body craves it - until I think about eating it and getting it stuck! But man it does smell good for a while.

Glad your bad choice didn't last long and you were able to rid yourself of the monster!!  

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Nicole0216
on 9/8/08 3:34 am - Lancaster, PA
bagels are the worst i cannot do them at all thank god.

congrats on a nice uncomfortable barf. Nothing like that to remind you that you have a small tummy
jackie j
on 9/8/08 7:45 am - Glenmoore, PA
Ok, this thread so has me thinking I need to call Brader and have him check me for staple line rupture.   My foods have to be dumping into my old tummy and digesting that way.   I know today has been a stress-filled HORRIBLE carb craving day for me but M&Ms, 2 baby twix, 1 bagel with butter AND cream cheese, 2 coffees and 2 double chocolate chip cookies and not even a bead of sweat.   This is soooo not what I expected and when I read threads like this I really think I'm broken.   And, to think I was 105lbs down at 6mos. and thought I had this sooo licked.  I could eat 4 yogurts back to back and all I'd get is bored with the process, not full.         I wanna puke too!!

Jackie J.    hugs.gif image by LISAH900   ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange  

1 choice @ a time > 1 day @ a time.   Slow to Succeed is still Success ;-)

DOLORES VITZTHUM
on 9/8/08 9:18 am - OAKFORD, PA
THANK YOU JACKIE!!!

Thanks for being honest.  This surgery does not make us perfect.  The surgery is a beginning, a tool to use.  We all will have our good days and bad.  The further "out" you are the cravings do return.  We are human and some will test the waters more than others.  But just post and taking ownership shows we are successing.  There is no right or wrong here just different roads traveling to a healthly you.

Thanks again!
Dolores
Pam Hart
on 9/8/08 11:46 am - Easton, PA
Jackie,

I have had sugar before and have not dumped....this wasn't dumping....I don't do well with dense doughy carbs....bread is ok most times...but things like english muffins and what not generally don't sit well (so why I chose to have a bagel this morning all goes back to "just wanting it" type feeling which we all deal with at some point or another....)

Have a better day tomorrow!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Heather D.
on 9/8/08 8:44 am - OH
Ummm.....congrats on your regurgitation.  LOL!!!

Jan K.
on 9/8/08 9:37 am - Was Jenkintown, PA but now NYC, PA
Pam, LOL, only you could go this long and not booeuff (as I like to call it - sounds like Boo-oof).  I was one of the early booeuffers.  I had never experienced such a delicate and yet necessary expulsion of ABCD food in my life (ABCD - already been chewed, & somewhat digested) and yet there it was.  It was relief.  It was ah so satisfying and yes it was worthy the biggest and best smiley you could rate it!  I know what you went through.  I'm just sorry it took you so long!  Cheers  and keep up the good

Jan
         You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
                                                                                 --Mahatma Ghandi 
                                 Celebrate Life, L'Chaim, Peace, Shalom

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views