Newbie Intro

Elizabeth O.
on 9/7/08 10:29 am, edited 9/7/08 11:35 am - Millville, PA
Hi!
I'm new to this board so I thought I'd introduce myself... I'm 33, from a little town in NE PA, married... my surgeon is Dr Dallal in Elkins Park. Yup, I travel 3 hours to see him :).
I'm just fixin' to set my surgery date, I have to see a cardiologist first... there was something up with my EKG ...
I'm a little nervous but very excited. I've been thinking about WLS for 4 years and finally decided to go for it. What else can I tell you? Oh! I'm getting the RNY... I don't actually know anyone who has had the surgery so I figured I'd come here to meet some new friends.... and hear about experiences, etc...
Oh I could ramble on and on so I'll end this now lol...
Elizabeth
(deactivated member)
on 9/7/08 11:05 am
Welcome, Elizabeth!!  Everyone here is great. Make yourself at home.

Heather
pieparty
on 9/7/08 11:13 am - Milroy , PA
Hi welcome, you have come to the right place. I am waiting for my surgery too, and I found so much help and information here. This site is awesome!! Good luck on your journey.
Pam Hart
on 9/7/08 11:44 am - Easton, PA
Welcome Elizabeth!!  There are so many great people on this board, we are like one big family.  You can ask any questions that might pop up - someone always has an aswer for you!!  I know about traveling - as I am a jersey girl who traveled to pa to have the surgery done - although my trip is only about 1 1/2 hours as oppsoed to your 3. 

Welcome!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
GD_007
on 9/7/08 11:53 am - Drexel Hill, PA
Welcome to the board!
-GD
Patricia R.
on 9/7/08 12:26 pm - Perry, MI
Hi Elizabeth and Welcome to the PA Board.

What part of NE PA do you live in?  My mom lives in Wilkes Barre.  I live outside of Philly, where I work.  I had my RNY at Barix in Langhorne, where I live.  We have plenty of people on the PA board who travel distances for their surgery.  Even some Jersey Girls are on this board because they had their surgery in PA.  They just know how great the PA people are, and we love them to pieces. 

This board is where I learned the most about the surgery and found out how great online support can be.   Hope you will feel free to ask questions and offer support when you can.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Nicole0216
on 9/7/08 1:00 pm - Lancaster, PA
welcome welcome. stick close to this board it is a life saver.
JoAnn C.
on 9/7/08 9:44 pm - PA
Hello 

I am new to the board also.  I am 55 and have my surgery scheduled for November 3rd.  I am really excited and looking forward to being on the loser's bench.

My journey this far has had some bumps.  I started the process last October and was hoping to have my surgery in March.  As luck would have it, the insurance denied me.  I have filed an appeal and WON!  That was the best day.  Now it is a matter of time.  NOVEMBER 3rd.

My surgeon will be DR. KU

Any advice anyone can give along the way will be greatly appreciated. I could definitely use one of these.
JoAnn

*Jennifer Juniper*
on 9/7/08 10:54 pm - Philly Girl, PA
Hello and welcome! You are in excellent hands with Dr Dallal! I Love him and tell him that everytime I see him! Check out my page for my experience, I had RNY at Einstein with Dr. Dallal on April 29, 2008 I believe the 3 hour trip for dr Dallal will be well worth it! Im down 78 lbs and 44lbs to go! I would have surgery again in a heartbeat! If you have any questions please pm me I would be happy to talk with you. These boards have amazing people on them with boatloads of information, you have come to the right place! Best Wishes Jennifer*

"If you see a man on top of a mountain, he did not fall there"
Pam Hart
on 9/7/08 10:58 pm - Easton, PA
Welcome to the boards - great to hear you won on your appeal - good for you for fighting!!  November 3rd will be here before you know it!!

Ask anything that comes up!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views