hair- help me pick a new cut

Shannon O.
on 9/7/08 11:10 pm - Reading, PA
Ok, I need to do something with my hair... and I have to do this in steps... so I figured I would let you all help me lol...

My new hair growing in is a different texture (wavey to kind of curly) and it is all different links as well... so, help me pick a new style to get it cut... so let me give you some background as well:
I suck at doing my hair...
I am very much a pony tail kind of gal
Jeremy doesn't want it super short
I can't use a curling iron (don't even own one)
My hair is what I call calico in color- very blond on top and works it way to brown underneath (been that way since I was 4)

In my photo album you can see different photos of me from over the years... so help me lol... pretty please

dit657
on 9/8/08 12:32 am - Boothwyn, PA
Not sure I'd be much help in the line of hairstyles, but you can go on line and do a search on medium length hairstyles and you should come up with pages of cuts and options.

I was just looking at mine in the ladies room - it has finally stopped falling out and like yours is growing in, but it looks like straw right now because I have all these short pieces sticking out all over, plus the new growth is ALL GRAY!  Driving me nuts, but at least its hair, right?! Beats having it falling out anymore.

How about going with something chin lengh - one of the bobs that are so popular now - shorter in the back and tapered to longer by your face - all you really need for that is a blow dryer and round brush - no curling irons.

Good luck - let us know what you decide.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Shannon O.
on 9/8/08 1:46 am - Reading, PA
lol I don't own a hair dryer either (no matter the kind I look like the lion king once I'm done lol) but I do have a small round brush... only issue... no outlets in our bathroom... lol... yeah good thing I suck at doing my hair lol... because most women would of ran for the hills when they saw that lol...

But even after all this time i still have those little hairs that stick out all over... I have to wet my hair and then pull it into a pony tail or it looks like I stuck my finger in the light socket if I leave it down lol...

sbrunell
on 9/8/08 1:39 am - Bensalem, PA
I think an easy haircut is the mohawk. There isn't much work involved there, so you would save a lot of time each day.

I pity the foo'
Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

Shannon O.
on 9/8/08 1:47 am - Reading, PA
dude if I would look good with blue or purple hair I would totally go for the mohawk... they are awesome... but I have a huge flat spot on the back of my head... gee thanks mom lol... so I can't go for that completely bald look because of that lol...

Pam Hart
on 9/8/08 1:54 am - Easton, PA
Shannon,

Coming from someone who has very curly hair...I finally found a hairstylist that did a good job with it (of course it desperately needs to be done again...but waitin on a few extra cents in the bank to come through...)

My current hairstyle is cut in layers, which originally I did not want but she did an awesome job with.  A few little layers might work out for your new semi curly hair - but you would have to find someone who is good at it as bad layers are the worst!  I still pull my hair up - have to for work - every night.  The youngest picture of you is great - I like the way the bangs are....maybe not like what you have exactly right now - perhaps a little thicker in the bang, but not as wide if you know what I mean.

I can't do my own hair either - if I want it blown out I have to have a friend or the salon do it.  I can get it straight - but without any body to it what so ever and it just looks flat and ridiculous.  The salon, however, can get it to bounce and look cute (then again...that's their job, no?  I wouldn't expect them to be able to start their own IVs so I guess I shouldn't expect myself to be able to blow out my own hair)

Good luck.  Get some magazines at the food store - there are about 500 different "hair" magazines and they have lots of good pics and styles - that's how I ended up getting mine....

And on the same line as steve....if you really have that much trouble there is always the Brittaney Spears/ Shanaed O'Connor (sp???) skin head look which all you would need for maintainance is a mach 5 mens razor!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Shannon O.
on 9/8/08 2:02 am - Reading, PA
I have been looking through mags and well it is hard to pick something that will look nice a few months down the road and me being a few pounds lighter... well I think it is lol... a lot of styles I like I know won't look good on me...

better jet... a naked wet toddler just showed up... crap what did she do now lol...

rdy2looz
on 9/8/08 6:05 am - Bensalem, PA
I would suggest going to a good salon and setting up a consultation with a stylist.  They can give you suggestions on how to cut it, color it or even show you how to style it yourself so that you look great when you walk out your door or anytime for that matter.  However before you go look through magazines to get some ideas and pass them by the stylist to get her/his opinion.  Just because it looks good in a pictures doesn't mean that style is for you.  A lot depends on your hair texture, density and your face shape.  Good luck!

Suzette
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views