Grad Support Group

Cheryl S.
on 9/7/08 3:29 pm - Millsboro, DE
Hi All,

I am starting a Grad Support Group.  We are going to meet the 4th Saturday of each month, starting October 25, from 1-6 pm.  The group will be open to all post-ops who are at least 12 months post-op.  Discussion topics will include losing weight after the honeymoon period, maintaining weight loss, dealing with weight gain, exercise, dealing with emotional baggage, body image, reconstructive surgery, and anything else that's on your mind. 

Please let me know if you are interested in attending.  The meetings will be held at my house in Doylestown.

Best,
Cheryl
Arlene E.
on 9/7/08 8:28 pm - Philadelphia, PA
 hi Cheryl

Thanks for doing this.  I am interested, however cannot make the 25th - tickets to NY show.  But I will keep the 4th week open.    I am committed to making this weight stay off, and need all the help I can get.  As everyone has said, once the honeymoon is over, the real work begins.

Arlene

Liz R.
on 9/7/08 9:49 pm - Easton, PA
got it on my calendar!

Thanks Cheryl!

Liz
Patti M.
on 9/7/08 10:16 pm
Cheryl,

Thank you SO much for starting a Grad Support Group!  However, I won't be able to make the first one as my brother's wedding is that day.  I will keep the 4th Sat of each month open though. 
Patti      
Pam Hart
on 9/7/08 11:09 pm - Easton, PA
Cheryl,

As somone who is approaching a year out - this sound very intriguing.  I will definately be keeping it in mind.  It will of course depend on if and where we move too....but thank you for doing this.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Laureen S.
on 9/8/08 1:15 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Hi Cheryl,

It is something I would be very interested in attending and hope to be able to do so, as I approach the end of my first post-op year, all those topics you mention are of interest to me.  Not exactly sure how far Doylestown is from me, so perhaps I can make the trip with others from my area that will be attending.

Thanks, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Nicole0216
on 9/8/08 3:43 am - Lancaster, PA
I doubt I can do the one in October. I am interested. I may not be the best attendee due to the distance but I would like to try.
cleos_mom
on 9/8/08 9:42 am - phila., PA
Hi  Cheryl

I am very interested and I will be there.
Susan
Dennis Belk
on 9/9/08 7:04 am, edited 9/9/08 7:05 am - Philadelphia, PA
See ya there!
Thanks Cheryl for helping to feed my good addiction. 

Dennis
JEWELRING
on 9/10/08 10:46 am - Philadelphia, PA
Where in Doylestown will this be?  I would LOVE to participate.  I keep missing Heather's meetings and could really use access to some support groups that are not pre-op and/or  immediate post-op oriented!! 
Lea
Jewelring
POST-OP  LAP RNY JANUARY 9, 2007! 

Where would my weight be today if I was on WW all this time?  Not here, thats for sure!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views