Reminder about Tuesdays Chat re: Beck Book

Nicole0216
on 9/7/08 8:31 am - Lancaster, PA
Hi all. I hope that those of you that have the book have gotten close to finishing the introductory chapters. And that you have your supplies and are ready for our chat on Tuesday. I dont know how well the chatroom format will work but we will do our best. Maybe half way through this we could meet up somewhere for some in person support. People tend to flake out around 3 weeks on this plan sometimes, you lose momentum.

Anyone have any feedback so far on what you have read? Do you feel it will be relevant to you.? If you dont have the book by tuesday come anyway, you can catch up pretty easily.
Jackie Smith
on 9/7/08 8:40 am - Coatesville, PA
Hello,
I am still waiting for my book to arrive.  I am hoping it will arrive tomorrow.  I will do the reading and plan to meet on Tuesday evening! 
I like the idea of meeting in person.  Depending on where everyone is coming from, if my house is close to half way we can meet here. 
I am in Coatesville by the Brandywine Hospital. 
Barnes and Nobles are great places to meet as well.  There is one in Exton and one just south of King of Prussia.
Thanks for hosting this group!  Jackie
ktreavis
on 9/7/08 8:41 am - PA
I missed something somewhere, what are we reading???? I am always looking for something new to read and help me grow. Thanks - Katie

Progress not perfection

Nicole0216
on 9/7/08 8:56 am - Lancaster, PA
This is the original post

OK so some of us have discussed this and thought it may be a good thing to do via chat room. I am a psychotherapist as well as post op and I have a group that can be run for 8 weeks based on the Beck Diet Solution Book.  I have agrreed to facilitate a chat online here in the PA Board Chat room 1 time a week to help people who are reading the book and following the program. I initially suggested doing it on Wed nights no sure why I did that because I work.

So this is what I propose, if you want to do this group you will need to purchase the book. You can get it online and maybe even at Barnes and Noble. It is called the Beck Diet Solution by Judith Beck. We will begin the group on Tuesday Sept. 9th at 9:30pm. in the PA board chat room for 1/2 hr. If that is too late let me know. I will want you to have read the introduction and have gotten your supplies IE ; notebook or index cards by then. The first night will be a discussion of the plan and then you will begin day one of the program on wed.

if you would like to participate or have any questions please feel free to let me know. See you then.
Patricia R.
on 9/7/08 9:18 am - Perry, MI
Nicole,
I have the book, and I love it.  It is so good at showing the cognitive distortions that I use as excuses to eat.  Of course, I have been in therapy with a cognitive therapist forever. 

Anywho, I cannot find the chat link.  I am lost. 

Looking forward to the discussion, and to getting together somewhere. 

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Nicole0216
on 9/7/08 9:19 am - Lancaster, PA
it is at the left of the page at the top. in the blue box. It says chatroom.
Patricia R.
on 9/7/08 9:21 am - Perry, MI
OK.  Now I feel really, really dumb.  As soon as I hit the Submit button on my last post, I saw the link for the chatroom.  Duh.
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Shannon O.
on 9/7/08 11:32 am - Reading, PA
Well, I do work that night... so I won't get home till about 9:45ish to 10 depending how who is closing... my lord these people are slow counters lol...

I still haven't heard yet if my book is in yet at B&N... they said it would take a week... but I am hoping that it will be sooner...

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views