Ok, I'm getting really nervous now

Marlo71
on 9/7/08 5:15 am - Harrisburg, PA
Hi Everyone,
  I know its pretty typical but my surgery is tomorrow morning and now I am finally starting to freak out...lol.  I was doing pretty good until today.  I have to be at the hospital at 7am tomorrow and wow it really hit me today, this is happening!  I hope I can hold it together tomorrow.  I have never been in the hospital before.  But I need to toughen up and get through it! 
What should I wear when I check in?  I am getting a bag together and wondered about that. 

Well thank you everyone for all the great support and advice, it has helped me so much!!  I cant wait to tell everyone how good I'm doing later!  lol

-Marlo 

Melanie B.
on 9/7/08 5:32 am - Doylestown, PA
Marlo,

I had my surgery 2 weeks ago yesterday and I also waited and waited for the panic to set in, and guess what - it NEVER did. I was a cool operator the whole time. (they even commented how low my heart rate was in pre-op at 48) I just got myself in the "zone" So my biggest advice would be, don't think about the panic and when it will set in because it is possible for it never to show up

I wore a simple pull over black linen sun dress and flip flops. And it's also the same outfit I left the hospital in.

Remember no makeup, nail polish (fingers or toes) hair products or jewelry.

Best of luck and we'll see you at the loser's table.

Nicole0216
on 9/7/08 7:06 am - Lancaster, PA
I had never been in the hospital before either, never even broke a bone. I was pretty stressed so they gave me something to relax me when I got there. I worse some baggy gym clothes. You dont want fitted things you need room. Be comfortable.
Jackie Smith
on 9/7/08 8:36 am - Coatesville, PA
Hi Marlo,
I had my surgery almost two ago as well.  I stayed very calm too. 
I wore a pair of shorts and a t-shirt.  I did not take my bra with me. 
Stay cakm and do what the nurses tell you to do!!! 
When I got home I felt great.  I did need a nap each day but I did not have to take pain meds after I came home.  Today i didn't even need to take a nap!
Good Luck and keep us posted.
Jackie
Patricia R.
on 9/7/08 12:27 pm - Perry, MI
Hi Marlo,
You will do great tomorrow.  Looking forward to hearing how well things go for you.  Just breath deep and relax. 

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

LadyJwb
on 9/8/08 1:22 am - Philadelphia, PA
Baggy Clothing and a pillow for the ride home you will fill ever bump in the road. Good Luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views