How did my apointments go??

Mary Benford
on 9/6/08 8:26 pm - Emmaus, PA
Well, everything, in the grand scheme of things went really really well.    First I had my plastic surgeon apointment.   They brought me in with the cosmotologist first, and we discussed what procedures I'd like to have done.   She gave me some reading material on those procedures, and told me the surgeon would be in soon.    He came in, and we talked again about what I was wanting, and we went into another room where i changed into a paper gown.   He looked over the areas where I wanted work, and told me what my options were.   The leg lift....    not even worth worrying about.   Well, not now anyways.  My arms would be amazing with a brachioplasty..   and my breasts would need not only augmentation, but a lift as well.  It was pretty terrifying to have another person, let alone another man looking over your horribly ugly naked body lol.    But I do have to say, very professional...    very quick. 

The apointment was running long, so I asked him if they would work up a price and give me a call.   I needed to get my butt to barix!    So they of course said they would.    They called maybe a half hour after, and they quoted me for the brachioplasty, the breast lift and augmentation if I was to get everything done at once..... 

$10,000.00           Norm and I just looked at eachother with the "are you kidding me" look.  And apparently the ten thousand dollars is after his discount.     Wooh..   Looks like Ms. Ivins won't be getting plastics ANY time soon.  I do after all have a wedding to pay for!

Barix, on the other hand, a little less disapointing.    Irene was SO excited to see me!   She knew I was coming in, and knew what I looked like before, and was almost brought to tears!  She made the biggest deal over me, and Norm too of course.   Then into the exam room I went.   I asked the girls if they had my consultation picture....     Well when they brought it in...   I cried like a baby.   I promised myself the whole way there "I'm not going to cry...   I'm not going to cry..."    I FAILED!   They then took an after picture and gave me copies of both so I would have them...    check this out.

Really sorry about the size :)

Everything went really well.    Dr. Marymor seemed pleased!  And proud!    He said I'm right about where I should be...  which was really good to hear.   It certainly made up for the 10,000.00 news about plastic surgery!

Over all it was a pretty amazing day!

Success is a journey... not a destination!     

Pam Hart
on 9/6/08 9:40 pm - Easton, PA
Mary,

I was thinking of you on Friday and wondering how everything went!!

Sorry to hear about the plastics.  I thought that kind of might be the price area - and if I was in your shoes, my answer would be the same.  Heck...even without a wedding to pay for....well....it's just hands down a lot of money.  Please know you are beautiful without plastics and you have a man who loves you and truely understands where you are coming from. 

Just look at the before and after photo - my gawd woman it is obvious you have worked your tool and are continuing the successing life style.  Congratulations on all that you have accomplished!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
bubble273
on 9/6/08 10:10 pm - Levittown, PA
OH MY GOD, Mary!!!!  When you see the before and after right next to each other, it's hard to believe that was you.  Look at your calves...you couldn't even put them together!!!!  Pretty amazing, I might say.  You look ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!!!  And like Pam said, with or without plastics you're beautiful and Norm thinks so too.  Take it and run with it.  You'll find a wedding dress that will accentuate every positive piece of you and beyond.

Take care.

Karen

Patricia R.
on 9/6/08 10:30 pm - Perry, MI
Hello Mary,
Sorry to hear about your plastic surgery consult and the $$$.  I know that you are going to be a beautiful bride no matter what.  You are truly blessed to be where you are at this time.  Your pics are awesome.  They show your great successing and your hard work.  Keep it up.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

J. M.
on 9/6/08 11:24 pm
Wow Mary! Great before and after pics!!!

Looks like you've got a great outlook about the plastics. I'm sure with time, things will improve naturally since you are young.  Everything happens for a reason....just give it time.

Now you can really focus solely on the wedding plans...I'm sure that is enough in itself. Good luck!

~ Jen   

(deactivated member)
on 9/7/08 1:15 am
Great news about your visit with Dr. Marymor.  I know he was thrilled to see you!!!  The $$ for the plastics sucks!  I know that had to be disappointing.  However, you are incredibly beautiful exactly as you are and you are going to be radiant on your wedding day!

Hg
GD_007
on 9/7/08 11:51 am - Drexel Hill, PA
Mary,
 I agree with what everyone has said here and I'd add that you continue to inspire everyone!! 
-GD
Mary Benford
on 9/7/08 6:26 pm - Emmaus, PA
Thanks everyone!

Yes, sad about the plastics...  but I'll certainly live :)

Maybe after the wedding!  lol.

GD_007
on 9/7/08 9:59 pm - Drexel Hill, PA
You know - you really can find *anything* on eBay.....

Mary Benford
on 9/8/08 1:45 am - Emmaus, PA
 I WANT THAT!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views