Shauna update #2

Dennis Belk
on 9/5/08 4:02 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Everyone, All went well this afternoon. Dr. Charles Herman is gonna see an influx from our group for sure. Thanks Cheryl for finding this jewel. I met up with Jim, Cheryl and Jordan at 6. We had a little dinner while they settled Shauna in. She was still drowsy of course after almost 5 hours in OR, but all went well and she's on the mend. Jim had been hanging tough all day giving updates to me, family and friends. He held up really well. After a few hours watching her sleep, wake up, and smile looking for hugs, Jim, Jordan and Cheryl saw Shauna was stable and doing well so they made their way home. I hung with my buddy just a little longer and finally left at 11:15. She was able to get out of bed with assistance and sit in a chair for awhile. The staff made her a little more comfortable by loosening her binder and addressing her pain, but most things have to remain tight on her belly and thighs. All and all she's managing and you know she's tough. I'll see her early today (Saturday) when Dr. Herman checks on her and if all is normal I'll bring her home in the afternoon, hopefully before the weather gets serious.   I've passed along all of your positive thoughts and prayers and she's smiles knowing how much we all love her. She'll need some serious rest the next few days and weeks at home so please limit your calls this weekend, but you can wear me out with calls, emails or PM's on OH. I will keep you all updated on her progress. Shauna, Jim and the family want to thank Everyone for caring so much about them and supporting Shauna in this new chapter of her journey. She's always been beautiful, now she will see it and believe it, everyday.   Thanks Everyone for all you do,   Dennis  
Patricia R.
on 9/5/08 7:39 pm - Perry, MI
Thanks for the updates, Dennis.  Please continue to let her know we love her, and are thrilled for this phase of her new life.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

New_Beginnings_36
on 9/5/08 11:55 pm - PA
Dennis - Glad everything went well for Shauna. Please continue to give her my best wishes :)

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
KimZ
on 9/6/08 2:43 am - PA
Thanks for the updates.  Hopefully she has made it home already today.  Its been said already but she is a strong, vibrant and beautiful woman.  Please extend my well wishes on a speedy recovery.

Kim Z

Gail M.
on 9/6/08 3:54 am - Scranton, PA
Dennis,
   Thank you for the update.  I hope she continues to do well.  Best wishes and prayers for her speedy recovery.
Gail

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views