LOOOONG interview!!

Pam Hart
on 9/5/08 7:39 am, edited 9/5/08 7:40 am - Easton, PA
Well I went to LVH today for my interview.  First of all I got there incredibly early because I was concerned about rush hour traffic in my area and 287/78 plus construction.  I pulled in around 9 with my interview at 10.

Walked into the office at 9:45 am....met with the woman (Nursing Interviewer was her title) for about an hour.  Now....I had been told over the phone that this would be at least a two step interview process.  Once I interviewed with her they would fwd my stuff to the er and I would go back and interview with the ER director.

Well....at the end of her interview she said "I know you travel from jersey so last week I spoke with the director of the ER.  We've already called your references and gotten that area started.  He has agreed to meet with you now if you are willing."  I was a little taken aback, but of course said yes.

So then we walked over to the ER where I met Paul, the director.  He gave me a tour - HUGELY impressive place and a little intimidating but seems like an awesome place to work.  I then spent the next 1/2 hour interviewing with him.  At the end of that he said "We like our staff to interview potential candidates and for candidates to interview the staff.  Do you have time for that?"  Well why the hell not!?

Sat down with a nurse, aide, and secretary who asked me about my skills, if I felt I was a confident person and would be willing to "stand up for myself" if needed.  I talked to them about scheduling, what they like about the facility, what they dislike about the facility (which wasn't much or they weren't being honest), patient load, team membership etc.  It was quite obvious that everyone there was friendly and you would never be left "alone" in a bad situation.

I was interviewing with people from 9:50am-12:20pm.  That's a whole lotta talking, even for this chicky!

So, I honestly don't know what the next step is.  Hind site 20/20 I should have asked the interviewer that before she whisked me off to the ER but I wasn't thinking that quickly.  I figure I will send out the normal post interview thank you letters tomorrow morning and then give it about 2 weeks and make a follow up phone call, unless of course I hear back from them.  She did mention to me that the orientations start every first and third monday of the month "so keep that in mind for scheduling and moving" were her exact words to me.

All in all I think I did well.  There were some tough questions and what not - but manageable.  The director of the er was wonderful, and his interview was a little less difficult than the initial interview.

Now it's just a waiting game.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
(deactivated member)
on 9/5/08 8:10 am
Sounds promising!!!  I will keep my fingers crossed that you get a call soon.

HG
Nicole0216
on 9/5/08 8:26 am - Lancaster, PA
It is in the bag!
lauraanne715
on 9/5/08 9:07 am - Pottstown, PA
Woo-hoo!! Sounds like you did awesome!!  Congrats!!

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

GD_007
on 9/5/08 9:30 am - Drexel Hill, PA
Awesome!

I'd not wait 2 weeks to call them.  I'd give it till next Friday.

-GD
cleos_mom
on 9/5/08 9:46 am - phila., PA
It sounds positive Pam, Good Luck
Susan
Arlene E.
on 9/5/08 10:51 am - Philadelphia, PA
 Hey Pam - sounds like all went well.  Good luck and keep us posted.

Arlene
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 9/5/08 11:07 am
Someone once told me, the longer the interview, the better your chances.  If they aren't interested they cut it short.  The position I am in now was a hour and half interview.  While I was driving away from the interview, I got a voice mail that I was hired.

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

Patricia R.
on 9/5/08 11:18 am - Perry, MI
Sounds promising to me.  Just trust the process, and relax.  BTW, I am familiar with the 287/78 mess you talked about.  I drive up 287 every weekend to see my therapist.  What a mess that can be during rush hour.  UGH!

Huggles,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

ladychief231
on 9/5/08 8:55 pm - Douglassville, PA
Pam,

It' sounds like it was a great interview. If you weren't a top candidate I doubt they would have you interview with the staff.  Keep us posted!

Teresa

Teresa O

RNY 4/1/2008

PA

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views