OK, The Countdown is on

Marlo71
on 9/5/08 2:00 am - Harrisburg, PA
Hi Everyone!  I hope you all have a GREAT weekend!  I am getting ready for my surgery on Sept 8th and I'm just waiting for the call from the hospital to tell me what time to be there!  I havent been toooo nervous yet, I'm stressed out about leaving work and covering all my bases and making sure I get everything done!!   I know this weekend will be the test!!   A few of my Co-workers are taking me out for drinks today after work, so I'm looking forward to that.  They have been a great support to me!!  

I have learned so much from you guys and thank you for sharing your experiences!  I of course would love more advice on how to prepare for my new adventure!   I do have an Angel who said she would post when I am out of surgery and all that fun stuff!  Thanks JoJo!! 

I cant wait to get on that bench!  Its so hard to believe its actually happening! 
Ok, have a great day everyone and wish me luck!! 
Hugs!

-Marlo 

rita61677
on 9/5/08 2:09 am - Philadelphia, PA
Marlo - All of the waiting will pay off!!!!!!!!!! and then some. I wish you all the best, I know you will do well. Make sure to keep us updated. Any questions , Im here!!!!
Nicole0216
on 9/5/08 3:31 am - Lancaster, PA
you really just need some good comfy clothes and pajamas for the hospital,

well and your toiletries. I did not read watch tv or anything i was too tired and busy walking,.

bring a pillow for the drive home to hold against your stomach for the bumps in the car.

That is all I can think of.

Wishing you tons of sucess
jojobear98
on 9/5/08 4:20 am - Gettysburg, PA
You are going to do great! And I promise to have a big piece of chocolate cake at your bedside. (For your BF not you!) LOL

Still waiting to hear your surgery time! You haven't called yet!

Relax, enjoy your evening with your co-workers, and have a good weekend! I love ya and am SOOOO excited for you. Maybe you will end up being the poster child for RNY in south central PA  (ha ha ha.....inside joke!)

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila & salt and give me a call!

Pam Hart
on 9/5/08 7:03 am - Easton, PA
Marlo,

You'll be on the bench in no time!!  Whoo hoo!!  The best advice is the baiscs:  sip sip walk walk walk and BREATHE  all that walkng and breathing is what I credit healing so well.  Do what the docs tell you to do - they tell it to you for a reason.

Don't get stressed out early on about protein goals - they will come with time.  Same with fluids - but you have to really try on the fluid thing and remind yourself to keep sipping.

We'll be here waiting for you - enjoy your weekend!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
New_Beginnings_36
on 9/5/08 11:52 pm - PA
Marlo - This weekend is going to fly by for you. Wishing you an uneventful surgery and speedy recovery. Keep us posted :)

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
dit657
on 9/6/08 12:19 am - Boothwyn, PA
Congratulations Marlo - you're almost there!! Sounds like you're ready and all set to begin your new life - I'm so happy for you - I know its taken a while for you to get to your date. Will be thinking of you Monday and sending well wishes your way!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views