Guess what I get to do tomorrow???

Mary Benford
on 9/3/08 10:45 pm - Emmaus, PA

Tonight Norm and I are heading back home to Langhorne! It’s going to be really nice to be home. Tomorrow though, at 9:30, I have my consult with the Plastic Surgeon… To be honest, I’m absolutely terrified. Well, maybe not terrified, but as always, it’s the fear of the unknown. How do these consults usually go? Someone give me some insight! What should I expect? I’ve been researching the surgeries, and the scars are pretty intense, but I’ll take them over this gross skin I’ve got going on. I’m not sure exactly what’s going to be done, or what surgeries I’m going to have, if any at all. My mom wrote a letter to this surgeon, telling him my story and how I’ve done, and how I’m getting married, and insurance won’t cover anything, and how I desperately want to look good in my wedding dress, and by the graces of god, I got this consult! Very exciting, and scary, all at the same time.

After that appointment, Norm, my mom and I are trekking over to Barix for an appointment with Dr. Marymor. I haven’t seen him since prob. My 6 month follow up. I’m VERY VERY excited to see him.

It should be a great day. I’ll keep ya’s all updated on how things go.

Wish me luck!!!

Success is a journey... not a destination!     

Laureen S.
on 9/3/08 10:48 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
While I have no idea what you should expect at the PS consult, I am sending my good wishes for your appointments today!

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

dit657
on 9/3/08 10:57 pm - Boothwyn, PA
I think a lot of us are going to depend on you to tell us about the plastic surgery consult!! I'm not where near there yet but hope to be someday.

I do know one thing - whether or not you have plastics done before your wedding you are going to be a beautiful bride - you and Norm seem made for each other and so happy, how could you not be beautiful and radiant on your wedding day?!

Best of luck at the appointments - Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Pam Hart
on 9/3/08 11:01 pm - Easton, PA
You beat me to it girl!  I was gonna PM you when i got done checking out the boards to wish you luck at your PS appointment tomorrow!!  I can't offer any advice as to what will happen - but can say I'm sure it will go fine.  And Kathy is darn right - no matter if you have skin or not - you already are beautiful and you and norm are so in love...you will be radiant regardless.  It takes more than PS to make a woman beautiful, ya know.

Anyway - have fun tomorrow - enjoy the moments regardless of what may come of them at the PS and I know you will enjoy your one year follow up with Dr. M - he'll be just as excited to see you - that is if he recognizes you when he comes in to meet you guys.... :-)

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Liz R.
on 9/3/08 11:21 pm - Easton, PA
Mary - congrats! I had mine a few months ago - they had me change into a gown. Dr looked at the areas that I wanted to have done (in my case a tummy tuck) and took lots of photographs. He told me where the scars would be and all that jazz, then you get to meet with the finance person (the only part I was worried about! lol) Well it would cost me just under $3000 to have a tummy tuck as a self pay and they offer all sorts of financing, where you make monthly payments and no interest for a certain amount of time.

Good luck with it all and enjoy! I am sure that Dr Marymore is going to love seeing you!

Good luck and enjoy your day!

Liz
tammypa
on 9/4/08 4:36 am - Philadelphia, PA
Mary,
Good luck with your consult. I must agree with everyone else. You and Norm seem so happy together and you already are a beautiful couple. So a little more or a little less skin - however it
works out - you two are already on the road to a wonderful life together. Tammy 
jdruski
on 9/4/08 5:59 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hey Mary,

Congratulations on your big step.  I had my second panni in January and will be having a lot more work done within the next few years.  I went totally prepared for the appointment.  I had my letter from my PCP, which I wrote, my list of meds, vits, mins, etc and all the questions.  Some of the questions that I had were based on my personal health concerns.  I did ask if she would be lifting my mons, how much time would I take for recovery, how long in the OR,. 

Then came the worse part for almost all of us; the dreaded pictures.  Once that is over the surgeon will submit to your insurance company.  Because of my medical necessity and the impact of the letter I wrote I was approved within a months time with only one question coming back from the insurance company.  If you can get your GBS to fax you or the PS the amount you lost and how long you have kept it off.

I know that each PS office will do things differently.  Remember to ask if there are any vitamins, minerals that you should be taking, I had to increase one that I can't  remember and was pulled off others.  I was also given a thick packet of things to prepare for please read it.

Then it is the waiting game.  Try not to be nervous most PS expect their patients to be jittery.

Good luck to you and please keep us posted.

Jeanne
GD_007
on 9/4/08 11:55 am - Drexel Hill, PA
Good luck - can't wait to follow this story over the next several months. 
-GD
Arlene E.
on 9/5/08 2:29 am - Philadelphia, PA
 Mary

Dr Marymor will be so proud of your amazing success, just as we are.  Let us know how everything goes.  I'll be thinking of you.

Arlene
(deactivated member)
on 9/5/08 1:16 pm
How did your appointments go today??  I want to hear all about both!

HG
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views