Good News!!

pieparty
on 9/3/08 5:12 am - Milroy , PA
I have sleep apnea.I know that really isn't a good thing, my doc wants me to go in again and be fitted for a C-Pap. However, now I know that I will be approved for the WLS for sure. That is good news! I just have to finish going through the rest of the process. And something I didn't know she suggested even though I want the surgery that I still get the C-Pap because it will help with the surgery by getting my lungs ready for the anesthisia(sp). I hadn't thought of that so I am excited just one more thing to help me have a good outcome overall. Just wanted to share. Hey and I just had another thought I bet this will help my energy levels during the day too.
sbrunell
on 9/3/08 5:28 am - Bensalem, PA
It will improve you energy level, more than you can imagine.  You will finally sleep, and that's a good thing.

Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

dit657
on 9/3/08 6:05 am - Boothwyn, PA
C-Paps aren't fun to wear but you'll get used to it and it will help you so much. I don't wear mine anymore - the mask became too big and I found that I'm sleeping very well without it. No more snoring or waking up at night.

Remember this - they can read how many hours you log on that thing, so be sure to wear it as much as possible. Some nights I would wake up and find mine on the floor - not sure when I ripped it off my face but I would occasionally.

Your surgery will go so much better for it as well.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Pam Hart
on 9/3/08 10:22 am - Easton, PA
Good luck with the cpap.  I've been told it gets quite some time to get used to - and sometimes need to "tweak" the settings - but I'm glad you are getting things in order!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Nicole0216
on 9/3/08 11:13 am - Lancaster, PA
woo hoo for you. I had it as well and GOD did I hate wearing that damn machine but I am convinced it was one of the reasons I was approved so quickly. Sometimes it all seems like a bad dream I can barely remember having that thing on my face. Good luck and get ready to look and sound like darth vader.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views