under the kife again

Cheryl S.
on 9/3/08 7:52 am - Millsboro, DE
Hi Liz,

There's a wonderful surgeon at Doylestown--Brett Harrison.  His office is in the Pavillion.  He's a fine person too.  His wife is a nurse (if that matters).  215-348-7195.

Good luck!  Keep us posted!

Cheryl
Pam Hart
on 9/3/08 10:18 am - Easton, PA
Liz has answers!!  Whoo hoo!! Sorry to hear about needing surgery, though.  That's just never a fun prospect.  I of course can't give you any info on surgeons - but I think as long as you meet with them and feel comfortable with them, it shouldn't be a problem.  Just like interviewing surgeons for WLS  the same should be done for any other type of surgery.

Good luck, keep us updated!

Pam

PS:  My MIL had hers removed a few years back.  It was lap and she stayed over night...and was home the next morning.  Trust me, if there was no drama related to hers coming out and her recovery (she is an overly dramatic person) than it couldn't have been all that bad, LOL

Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Nicole0216
on 9/3/08 11:11 am - Lancaster, PA
Liz I am sorry to hear that you have another surgery in your future but I am so glad that you dont have to continue with no answers and in pain. I dont have any suggestions for you. But I wanted to say that I will be thinking about you.
Shannon O.
on 9/3/08 1:43 pm - Reading, PA
Sucks you gotta have surgery... but thank goodness it is just your gallbladder and nothing something else... I hope once it is out that you don't run into anymore problems hehehe...

Liz R.
on 9/3/08 8:29 pm - Easton, PA
Thanks everyone! I am totally at ease with this - in my heart I knew all along that this is what it was, just waiting for the confirmation. I see Dr Murray (Dr Pierson's associate - he is a popular man! Couldn't get an appt forever!) on the 10th. I wold like to have this done early October (preferably about the 6th so I can still go to the OH event! :) )

Thanks agian! And I'll keep you all posted as it gets closer

Liz
bubble273
on 9/3/08 9:07 pm - Levittown, PA
Hi Liz,

I'm so glad you finally got your answer.  Gallbladders are the pits, especially the ones that don't aren't working :)

I had mine out, actually in the mid '90s.  And yes I was about 13 years younger, but I recovered from that so quick, it wasn't even funny.  I hardly had any pain and I was back to work basically right away.  So I wouldn't worry one ounce.  If you can handle WLS, you can handle gallbladder surgery.

Take care and good luck!!

Karen

Liz R.
on 9/3/08 9:11 pm - Easton, PA
Thanks Karen - I am hoping to be out of work maybe a week. - thats all I was out for WLS. Seems like from my research most Dr's are doing this outpatient now, although I would be more comfortable if I stayed overnight.

How are YOU feeling?

Liz
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views