under the kife again

Liz R.
on 9/3/08 4:00 am - Easton, PA
Well, I just got off of the phone with Dr Brader - apparently the HIDA scan showed what we suspected, my gallbladder isn't functioning properly. The ejection fraction was 11% (normal is at least 30%) and it was "squeezing" from both ends - instead of the correct end. So he wants it out. He gave me the choice - he can do it or I can have a general surgeon at a local hospital do it. Said that our gallbladders are just the same as someone who hasn't has WLS so it is up to me. I am trying to decide. I would go to Dr B hands down but he is over 2 hours each way and someone of course has to take me / pick me up and follow ups etc.

Does anyone out there know a good general surgeon @ Doylestown Hospital? Or maybe LVH??

Thanks guys - I hate to say this didn't come as a shock to me. But it still has me a bit rattled - what surgery wouldn't though right!? Anyone had it?? Offer me some insight!!

Thanks!

Liz
pieparty
on 9/3/08 4:18 am - Milroy , PA
Hey there I don't have any idea about surgeons in your area, but I have had my gallbladder out. It really isn't that bad. The incisions are just tiny like with the lap RNY, usually they are just steri stripped. and the worst part for me was the gas,  which passes in a couple of days or so and then I felt pretty good. And nowdays they do it as out patient surgery alot of the time. I had to stay overnight in the hospital. Good Luck and here's hoping everything goes great. will be thinking of you.
victoria3
on 9/3/08 5:04 am - Douglassville, PA
Have your primary recommed a surgeon in your area

CherylT
on 9/3/08 5:13 am - Perkasie, PA
Doylestown Hospital is a very good hospital with very good doctors and staff.

Sorry you need to have it removed.

(deactivated member)
on 9/3/08 5:19 am
Liz,

I am glad to hear you finally got an answer to your oain but sorry it involves surgery. I am a northeast philly girl so no suggestions on Docs. You will be in my thoughts and prayers though!
DOLORESVITZTHUM
on 9/3/08 5:19 am - OAKFORD, PA
Liz,

Doylestown Surgical Associates
Dr. Steven Pierson

215-489-1077  === 210 Farm Lane

AWESOME - He did major surgery on Will last October - results were GREAT!!! 
Highly recommend him.

Dolores
Liz R.
on 9/3/08 5:28 am - Easton, PA
Thanks Dolores! That is who I called! Whew! I see him on the 10th at 2pm. Still debating if I am going to have Dr Brader do it - he was totally comforatable with a general surgeon doing it though.

Doylestown Hospital is great - I had my appendix out there about 4 years ago and nothing but good things.

Thanks everyone! I'll keep you posted!
Laureen S.
on 9/3/08 5:25 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Liz,

Sorry to hear that you need to have more surgery, but the good news is that most of the time they can do it lap and then your pains will be behind you. . .  hope you find a good referral and put this latest chapter behind you.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

dit657
on 9/3/08 6:03 am - Boothwyn, PA
Well Liz that just bites!! But, at least you'll finally get some relief and you finally got some answers - I'm just sorry you had to suffer for so long. Sounds like you found a good surgeon and I wish you all the best.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Patti M.
on 9/3/08 7:31 am
Liz,

I'm so glad that you FINALLY got an answer to all of your pain!  BUT, it totally stinks that you need surgery.  I can't tell you what the surgery is like as I still have my gallbladder....though I wish Dr. Marymor had taken it out when he had me open anyway, but there was no reason.  Anywho, my brother had his gallbladder out a few years ago.  It was done at Doylestown as an outpatient surgery and he was up and moving in no time.  Hang in there!
Patti      
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views