My scars moved!?

Pam Hart
on 9/3/08 3:25 am - Easton, PA
Ok...this was a funny little wow for me this morning.

A day shift nurse came in and we were talking about a patient who had come in and had listed as "scar removal" as a surgery in her past.  Apparantly, she didn't like the scar left by her removal of her appendix as apparantly she healed badly and it was pretty ugly.  She went to a plastics who "cut out" the scar for lack of a better term and then made a new, prettier scar.  I didn't even know such procedures existed.

So then we started talking about our scars....hers from a c-section, mine from surgery.  She said to me "well, what do yours look like??" so I lifted up my scrub top and pulled the front of my pants down about 1/2 an inch to show her.  Until I realized.....um....they aren't there.  I was holding up my "flap" of skin to show her....and it wasn't there (the larger left sided one)

So now here I am, AT THE DESK, pulling a part my clothes looking for my scars.  Apparantly, I have lost enough weight so that now they are NOT hiding under the rolls of fat.  They are there - on my abdomen....and they don't appear to be WAY far a part like they did after surgery.

Funny the things I get excited about - like having my scars not hidding under rolls (and by the way, have faded nicely and are really hardly visible any more....I guess I just hadn't noticed....)

I cracked myself up this morning.....

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Liz R.
on 9/3/08 3:55 am - Easton, PA
LOL! I know the feeling!

Liz
pieparty
on 9/3/08 4:22 am - Milroy , PA
LOL I can just picture you standing at the desk holding up your scrub top saying "I know its here somewhere really just give me a minute I'll find it." Yea You!! It's all the little things that surprise us that are the best Wow moments. Congratulations on your traveling scars.
CherylT
on 9/3/08 5:19 am - Perkasie, PA
I know what you mean....

I have a scar on my right side of my chest from lung surgery four years ago, right? So, it never hurt before when I would plop myself down hard, like into a chair, but the other day it did hurt, and I'm like, WTH???

I'm guessing it is because there is no more fat around it ,so now I feel it?

(deactivated member)
on 9/3/08 5:22 am
I so love the WOW moments! Good for moving scars Pam!

You just earned points I love when someone can crack themselves up! I do it all the time thank Gawd my family has not commited me yet over it.
dit657
on 9/3/08 5:59 am - Boothwyn, PA
You're a nut!! Scars? Man, I look like the Bride of Frankenstein with all the scars I have - the little ones from Dr Boe and my WLS are nothing compared to the big honker across my stomach from my gall bladder surgery (at 19 before all that lapriscopy stuff), and then there are my poor knees - I have huge scars down across my knees from my knee replacement surgery - again, got it done before they started using the little incisions.

Maybe my skin will flap down far enough to cover them!! What's worse? Scars or flappy skin...hmmm....have to think on that one for a while!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Pam Hart
on 9/3/08 10:32 am - Easton, PA
Well apparantly you can just go and have those ugly scars made into cute, nicer scars.  Personally - I think that is the most bizarre procedure I've ever heard off - but whatever people want, they can have.

Oh, and I think flappy skin is way better than scars....or maybe both...having flappy skin BECAUSE of WLS scars is definately an ok thing.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Nicole0216
on 9/3/08 11:14 am - Lancaster, PA
That is so funny. I had an experience similar, Isnt it weird how things move?
jackie j
on 9/3/08 12:34 pm - Glenmoore, PA
Ditto, me too!  Only, I can't find them all; I know I HAD 5 but I can only find 4 now.   Its sooo awesome how tiny they were and how they faded to nothingness.  I can only hope somday the plastics scars will do the same

Jackie J.    hugs.gif image by LISAH900   ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange  

1 choice @ a time > 1 day @ a time.   Slow to Succeed is still Success ;-)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views