Is there any hope for me?

Nicole0216
on 9/3/08 11:16 am - Lancaster, PA
There are a fair amount of people on the main board that started out at higher weights. Dont give up. Keep looking into it.
jackie j
on 9/3/08 12:50 pm - Glenmoore, PA
Let me make one suggestion not mentioned.   Go to a support group meeting.  Go to Barix for the Pre-Op and a Post-Op meeting even if you aren't a Barix patient.   See all the Pre-Ops in the overly large chairs seeking info and having the same questions as you and the Post-Ops that take up half of those chairs and can support you through your journey because they've "been there, done that".   Look at all the healthy faces, the people that didn't die from this surgery, that are learning to cope and live more active, healthy lives.   Doubtful any of them would tell you they made a mistake.   We were all once where you are, no matter what the number on your scale.   There is so much more than that going on in your head.   I remember my first small support group meeting in Shauna D's house and my first impression.....wow, these people don't look ill at all!!!   Everyone told me "people that do that surgery look sickly ;-( "     B.S.!!   The more investigating you do the better off you'll be.  It's not an easy journey and your road never really ends but the scenery along the way gets a whole lot more interesting    Good Luck and come back here more often.

Jackie J.    hugs.gif image by LISAH900   ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange  

1 choice @ a time > 1 day @ a time.   Slow to Succeed is still Success ;-)

Georgianne Z.
on 9/4/08 2:46 am - NC
Hi Melody  -

Well, I guess I am one of those people that you might have missed. :=) 

My highest weight was 450 pounds.  I am 212 pound down from that.  I do not have a goal weight of 150, though.  In fact, if I stay this weight, I'd be happy.

It is a scary venture especially for someone well over 400 lbs.  It is a decision that no one can make for you.  I can share with you my experience and the difference in me that the past 16 months have given.

I walk without cyring in pain.
I eat without fear of death
I laugh from my heart.
I live life and all the emotions that go with it, not with the pain of being 400+ pounds.

Life doesn't magically become fantasy island when weight isn't a monumental hinderance to life.  It changes and I actually LIVE life.  I do not sit by and watch others.

The surgery worked for me and is working for me.  It is a lot of work.  Think about it and do what is best for you.

Feel free to message me if you'd like to talk.
Georgianne

What you are, is God's gift to you.  What you make of yourself, is your gift to God.

(deactivated member)
on 9/4/08 11:23 am - Horsham, PA
Melody

Have you checked out the DS forum ?

click this link and post your question again

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/DS/a,messageboard/board_id ,5357/or

There are alot of people on the boards who have lost or need to lose 150 ++++
I had to lose to goal 180 lbs. my starting BMI was 54.6, I am 5'5" tall
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views