I wasn't home for long!!!

bubble273
on 9/2/08 12:02 pm - Levittown, PA
About a day and a half, actually and back to the ER I went.  Sat into Sunday I just felt awful.  About 4:30 a.m I went to the bathroom and as I was walking from the bathroom to my kitchen I started having dry heaves and then had a disgusting odor coming from one of my tubings.  Oh, and my temp was 102.  So I called the doctor and they told me to come to the ER. 

I actually never should have left.  And what's weird is I'm sitting now in my hsopital bed writing to you guys.  They have a web system at Jefferson where you can go online.  I forgot they had such a thing.  I thought I should come on and say hello because my computer at home is acting up and my cousin will be coming over to take it to his house to look it over.  So I'll be internet less for I don't know how long.  Boy, I'm really going to be out of touch.

I feel much better now and think I will probably be coming home tomorow.  But you never know.  They think I had the start of an infection, but my white cell count is normal, though my temp keeps fluctuating between 99 and 100.  But that's not too far off the normal mark.

Well, I hope all is well with my OH buddies.  I'll be in touch when I'm home and I get my computer back.  Take care. 

Karen

Patricia R.
on 9/2/08 12:10 pm - Perry, MI
I am so sorry you developed an infection, but glad you caught it fast.  Stay well, and take it easy. 

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Pam Hart
on 9/2/08 7:00 pm - Easton, PA
Miss Karen,

Please tell your body enough is enough and you need to be home and stay home and have this portion of your life over with!!

You sound to be in good spirits and hope all continues to go well with you!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
ktreavis
on 9/2/08 8:36 pm - PA
Karen -

I am thinking of you, I hope this is all a distant memory for you soon.

Katie

Progress not perfection

keri2008
on 9/2/08 8:58 pm - PA
Focus on taking care of you and your body.  It sounds like you both need it.  Lots of rest, fluids and whatever makes you laugh.  Prayers and positive energy your way.

Keri
Nicole0216
on 9/2/08 10:19 pm - Lancaster, PA
aww i am so sorry. I hope you get some relief this is such a hard thing to deal with.
Laureen S.
on 9/2/08 11:07 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Karen,

Hope today finds you feeling better at home!

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

New_Beginnings_36
on 9/2/08 11:31 pm - PA
Karen - I hope you can come home soon and are feeling better. I will be thinking of you.....Best wishes.

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
tammypa
on 9/3/08 1:19 am - Philadelphia, PA
Karen,
So sorry to hear about your infection. Hope u are on the mend soon - you have had quite a year.
If u need anything - please let me know. 
Tammy
cleos_mom
on 9/3/08 5:38 am - phila., PA
Hi Kare
hope you feel better soon, you have been thru a lot lately, hope to see you at the meeting
Susan
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views