I am beyond amazed!

Melanie B.
on 9/2/08 5:46 am - Doylestown, PA
Hey all,

So here I sit 8 days post op and can honestly say other than tiring easily I would NEVER know I had major abdominal surgery last week.

I don't have an ounce of pain, I can drink my liquids easily with no fear of swallowing, since I started full liquids on Sunday I am almost at goal daily, I NEVER feel hungry! I have not once (other than the first 12 hours of recovery) had a twinge of nausea. I seem to tolerate everything ok - other than milk which got me a little shaky yesterday, so I simply switched to soy!

I am so happy, I could cry.

I'm down 23lbs (whi*****ludes the 10.5lbs I lost in the week leading up to surgery) My BMI is 38.5 and I am officially no longer morbidly obese!

I am just tickled pink and looking forward to the journey all the way down!

Laureen S.
on 9/2/08 5:50 am - Maple Shade, NJ

Melanie,

Sounds like you are doing wonderfully, hope your journey continues to progress as well as it is right now!  Congratulations on the weight lost too!

Best wishes, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

CherylT
on 9/2/08 6:05 am - Perkasie, PA
Yup, isn't it amazing?!

I had a similar experience afterward.

Congratulations and best wishes!!

Jackie Smith
on 9/2/08 6:57 am - Coatesville, PA

Hello,
I passed you in the halls at Barix.  I had my surgery on the 27th.  I to feel great.  Today i drove my son to his physical appointment.  The nurses were amazed that I was doing so good. 
I am only weighing at the dr.'s office or at Barix for now.  I do not even have a working scale in the house.  After weighing today I am down 16lbs since my PAT's and my BMI is at 39!!!! 
Keep up the good work. 
Jackie

Dennis Belk
on 9/2/08 9:00 am - Philadelphia, PA

Hey Jackie,

Welcome to the Grand Band of Losers!

You're doin' great!

Dennis

keri2008
on 9/2/08 8:06 am - PA
That's awesome news!  Happy to hear that all is going so well for you.  I probably passed you in the halls too as I had surgery on the 27th.  Keep on walking!

Keri
Patricia R.
on 9/2/08 8:33 am - Perry, MI
Congratulations.  I had a similar experience two years ago.  Keep plugging away at the walking and sipping.  You will sometimes have days where you are more tired than others, but that is normal.  Just take it one day at a time. 

Keep up the great work.

Huggles,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Dennis Belk
on 9/2/08 8:58 am, edited 9/2/08 9:01 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Melanie,

It's magic you can believe in.

Crying is welcome.

Dennis
Pam Hart
on 9/2/08 11:48 am - Easton, PA
Hey Melanie,

way to go!!  You may have ups and downs and like someone else said you may be more tired on other days than some.  Sounds like you are doing fantastic and keep up the great work!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views