RE POST On Beck diet Solution Chat

Nicole0216
on 9/2/08 1:20 am - Lancaster, PA
OK so some of us have discussed this and thought it may be a good thing to do via chat room. I am a psychotherapist as well as post op and I have a group that can be run for 8 weeks based on the Beck Diet Solution Book.  I have agrreed to facilitate a chat online here in the PA Board Chat room 1 time a week to help people who are reading the book and following the program. I initially suggested doing it on Wed nights no sure why I did that because I work.

So this is what I propose, if you want to do this group you will need to purchase the book. You can get it online and maybe even at Barnes and Noble. It is called the Beck Diet Solution by Judith Beck. We will begin the group on Tuesday Sept. 9th at 9:30pm. in the PA board chat room for 1/2 hr. If that is too late let me know. I will want you to have read the introduction and have gotten your supplies IE ; notebook or index cards by then. The first night will be a discussion of the plan and then you will begin day one of the program on wed.

if you would like to participate or have any questions please feel free to let me know. See you then.
Laureen S.
on 9/2/08 2:51 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Hi Nicole,

Is this something for people further along in the process, or can anyone participate?  Thanks.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Nicole0216
on 9/2/08 3:38 am - Lancaster, PA
anyone it is valuable at any stage in the game.
Shannon O.
on 9/2/08 3:41 am - Reading, PA
I don't know what my work sch. is for next week yet... but if I work till close I won't get out of the store till 9:30... so I might be about 15 mins late getting on...

Nicole0216
on 9/2/08 4:14 am - Lancaster, PA
I will try and figure out a way that if you come in late i can make sure you are able to get up to speed.
jdruski
on 9/2/08 4:03 am - Philadelphia, PA
Nicole,

I read the reviews for the book and they seem very positive.  Have you tried it?  If so what do you think?  Can you work it without participating in the chat room discussion? 

I am going to read some more information and then might order the book.  They have a used one for under $4.00.

If any one has tried this can you let me know.  I am just finishing up the 5 day pouch diet.

Jeanne
Nicole0216
on 9/2/08 4:12 am - Lancaster, PA
Jeanne,

I originally found out about this plan from attending a Judith Beck Training for my job. I thought wow this can help everyone at any level whether you use this surgery as your tool to lose weight or not.

I have done the program and I believe that is why I have been as sucessful as I have with my weight loss. As with most things you get slack and you need to recommit so I am looking forward to running the chat to help me learn more things about myself and the program,

You do not need to participate in the chat to do the program. The book is set up to help you help yourself. The group is for people to support, and motivate and to share the response cards they have come up with and to ask questions about things they dont understand.

I think the book is excellent and will be beneficial to you wether you join in the chat or not. I do recommend that if you do decide to do the program that you get someone to be your coach as it suggests. A partner, therapist anyone to help you.

Good luck
Nicole
Patricia R.
on 9/2/08 6:53 am - Perry, MI
Nicole,
I got the book, and am not sure what I should read before Tuesday.  I also ordered the workbook.  Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Nicole0216
on 9/2/08 11:46 am - Lancaster, PA
Trish if you can read up til chap 5 in the book it is day one of week one.

I want to review all the premliminary info before people start the program.

Also the workbook is pretty much the same as the book it just gives you the opportunity to write in the book rather than in a notebook.
keri2008
on 9/2/08 8:18 am - PA
I am new to OH so I don't know "where" to go to get to a chat or any of that stuff so help would be appreciated!  I have the book and have done the reading.

Keri
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views