***Tuesday Roll Call***

BlancheJackson
on 9/1/08 11:54 pm - Butler, PA
Good morning all!   Well, thanks to some Tylenol PM, I finally got some sleep last night! 

My plans for the day include a stop at the store for milk.. and not much else. <<
Sounds rather boring, doesn't it?  Oh well... I'm looking forward to Saturday.DH and I are going to take our granddaughter to upstate NY to visit her great grandmother and my sister.. I really do look forward to that.. probably 4 days..

Blanche Jackson    352/314/258.6/180  

Lesley G.
on 9/1/08 11:55 pm - Allegan, MI
Hi all,

It's crazy how this surgery changes your thinking -- like today, I am feeling ridiculously proud of myself because I was able to get in 90 oz of fluids yesterday.  I am concentrating on getting all the fluids I can so I can flush this nasty UTI out of my system!  I still can't figure out how I ended up with that, but I've had one twice before and both were times when I was completely run down physically and emotionally, so I'm just going to blame the stress of the surgery.  I am feeling lots better now though, thank God!!!

I'm still on my surgery leave, so today I plan to take a few walks and relax.  It's pretty warm out, so I think I'll go to the gym for some of my walking.  I also plan to get in lots of fluids again, and some good protein, too.

Lesley 
Pam Hart
on 9/2/08 12:10 am - Easton, PA
And you SHOULD be proud of yourself for such an accomplishment!!

I sympathize with your UTI - is it possible to spread one via message board posting cause I woke up with one last night - and it's no fun!  I've had one other before - and can't stand em!!

Feel better!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Lesley G.
on 9/2/08 12:17 am - Allegan, MI
I was just going to reply to your post saying the same thing!  :)  I can't believe how horribly painful this was.  This was worse than ANY pain I felt related to my surgery.  All I wanted to do was lay around and moan "owww!  It hurts!!!!"  I am definitely feeling some relief now, but I'm going to keep up the fluid intake so I don't have to suffer through one of these again.

I hope you feel better soon too!

Lesley
Patricia R.
on 9/2/08 7:01 am - Perry, MI

Hi Lesley,
Could you have gotten the UTI from the catheter during your surgery?  Just wondering. 

I hope you feel better soon.

Huggles,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Lesley G.
on 9/2/08 7:29 am - Allegan, MI
No, Dr. Pupkova doesn't cathaterize her patients -- another reason I chose her!  I'm still blaming the stress at this point.  Also I remembered that after surgery my blood sugar was high for the first day or so from the shock of the surgery, and it wouldn't surprise me if that contributed to it too.  Thankfully it's been normal ever since.  Yay, no more diabetes!!!

Lesley
Marlo71
on 9/2/08 5:14 am - Harrisburg, PA
Hello Everyone! Happy Belated Labor Day! I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!  The BF and I had a nice weekend in Scranton for the Italian Festival there.  I used this past weekend as my chance to eat like crazy before my surgery on the 8th!  But it also made me think alot about everything...how I cant wait to walk around and not feel like I'm dragging a mac truck behind me and sweating to death. And how I have to find a way to not have food be the constant n my life.  Though I did begin to get really nervous, because it hit me how close my surgery is, but I'm taking it one day at a time and taking to heart everyone's advice to all the new people having surgery!  Now I'm back to work and trying to get all my work done before I'm off for 3 weeks....ARGGHH
And I am also now dealing with my Mother's relapse of Colon Cancer. She started chemo again on Friday (4th round in 2 years) and we are hoping it will kill those damn cells in her liver!  ok I think I've gone on long enough!  I hope everyone has a great day!!

-Marlo 

Jackie Smith
on 9/2/08 7:13 am - Coatesville, PA
Marlo,
I felt the same way at Music Fest a couple weeks ago.  Food was every where and all I thought about was what I was going to eat.  I didn't even get to enjoy the music becuase I was so worried about what I was going to eat.  In the end my hubby and split a couple of things and I didn't go crazy.  Next year things will be soooo differnet.  I will go to Music Fest and keep my eyes and ears on the music! 
Jackie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views