home!! feeling good

tanya72100
on 9/1/08 12:41 am - Schuylkill Haven, PA
im Home. I actaully got home yesterday morning. Went to my sons first soccer game for this year. lol. I know im looney!! I am feeling good. Im gassy. I have pain on the left side but otherwise im doing ok. my only concern is getting all this protein in. I had 30 grams yesterday and did not want to make myself sick. Is is normal to have problems getting all your protein in at first??

I am sipping. walking and breathing all the time.

Thanks for the well wishes. My only gripe is my buddy Bob is gone!!!! (pain pump)

tracyb330
on 9/1/08 12:58 am - Temple, PA
Hi Tanya.
I'm glad everything went well with your surgery. My NUT told me not to worry about protein when you first get home. You have to focus on your fluids. That is most important right now then work on protein. Good luck!

Tracy
5'9 and a size 6...I love my tool.
oobiebus
on 9/1/08 1:06 am - pottstown, PA
Tayna! so glad your home and feeling this well,My nutt said 90 grams by 90 days so worry about fluids and walking ,all else will fall into place,i still have protien issues now being 5 monthes out but it has gotten better!Hugs Trish

My Angel is  Jeanne2036  

I Am Officially At Goal!Yippeeeeee

Jackie Smith
on 9/1/08 1:11 am - Coatesville, PA
Hi Tanya,
I have the pain on my left side as well.  If it gets to bad just take some pain meds and it will help. 
I am getting most of my protein in but not all of it.  It seems to be more important to get your fluids in.  My hubby keeps my water bottle full and by my side! 

Just rest and relax.  Don't do to much early out.
Jackie
Patricia R.
on 9/1/08 1:39 am - Perry, MI
Good to have you back on board and on the Losers Bench.  I made my protein goals early out by drinking Isopure Grape Frost.  It tastes like grape Kool Aid to me, and it has 45 grams of protein in each bottle.  I got it at GNC.  That, really helped me make my goals.  The first week, on clear liquids, I had trouble making goal, but after that, I had no trouble.  When I was on full liquids, I used the Isopure and AnyWhey protein powder in shakes and was on target. 

AnyWhey is flavorless.  I mix it with a yogurt, milk and fruit and get 30 grams of protein per shake.  Or, I mix it with Carnation Instant Breakfast, no sugar added, and milk and also get 30 grams of protein per drink.

Good luck.  Keep sipping, walking and breathing.  You will do great.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Lesley G.
on 9/1/08 1:40 am - Allegan, MI
Glad to hear you're home and doing well!  I think it's very funny you named your pain pump Bob!  I called mine "my tequila shot" but I just got back from Mexico not too long ago, and have tequila on the brain.
Pam Hart
on 9/1/08 1:43 am - Easton, PA
Tanya,

It will take some time for you to get your protein in.  Make sure you are getting your fluids in.  Sorry to hear about the "abduction" of Bob - Kathy had me laughing when she told us about your name for him.  Walking will help that gas - and the left sided pain - well - that lasted for me for 2 weeks, went away for a week, and then mysteriously returned week 3 (which was quite a shock for me)  Make sure you get your rest, too!

Welcome to the bench!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
CherylT
on 9/1/08 2:58 am - Perkasie, PA
Welcome Home and best wishes!

Funny story (ok not funny, really), but my experience with the pain pump was not always hunky dory. I found myself either falling asleep in my jello, or yelling at the nurses. I had to stop using it.

I know you will do great, you already are!

:)

Shan08
on 9/1/08 4:00 am - the Skook, PA
you're welcome.

"If you want something bad enough, you'll find it.
If you don't, you'll find excuses."
dit657
on 9/1/08 6:30 am - Boothwyn, PA
Hey Tanya its great to hear you're home and feeling good!! Today is crazy busy for me as its my last day in Seattle with my family - tomorrow I'll be on planes all day so I won't have time to call. I'm so glad you're feeling well - don't worry too much about proteins right now, like everyone says - concentrate on getting fluids in to keep hydrated - the protein goals will come as you start to 'eat' more. Do the best you can right now.

Keep walking and sipping!! Wishing you all the best and I'll write more when I get back to PA.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views